News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Maladict on December 17, 2009, 10:50:14 AM
One day of snow and the entire country falls apart.
Traffic jams this morning: :bleeding:

Good to hear that isn't just a British phenomenom
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Quote from: Maladict on December 17, 2009, 10:50:14 AM
One day of snow and the entire country falls apart.
Traffic jams this morning: :bleeding:
How much snow did you get? I assume you get snow often enough, but for some reason this storm really messed things up!

Zanza

We got some very light snow this morning, but all hell broke lose on the roads. Loads of accidents, several highways in the area were closed down by police after accidents. I did my part driving with summer tires. :)

derspiess

Quote from: Zanza on December 17, 2009, 12:49:10 PM
We got some very light snow this morning, but all hell broke lose on the roads. Loads of accidents, several highways in the area were closed down by police after accidents. I did my part driving with summer tires. :)

That's surprising.  I always figured Krauts to be very good drivers, even when mother nature throws a curveball.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

This snow has got me very paranoid :(
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tyr on December 17, 2009, 01:20:37 PM
This snow has got me very paranoid :(

Its just water.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2009, 01:19:31 PM

That's surprising.  I always figured Krauts to be very good drivers, even when mother nature throws a curveball.
Same here.  I always assumed that Germany is a nation of car lovers.

Maladict

Quote from: KRonn on December 17, 2009, 12:43:40 PM
How much snow did you get? I assume you get snow often enough, but for some reason this storm really messed things up!

About 30cm, nothing too unusual although it's been a few years since I've seen that amount fall in a single day.

Zanza

Quote from: DGuller on December 17, 2009, 03:02:51 PMSame here.  I always assumed that Germany is a nation of car lovers.
They are. Which is why we have so many cars on the roads. ;) I drove in the Stuttgart metropolitan area which has heavy traffic on the best of days. Adding snow, even as little as today, and some snow-related accidents just tips it over the top towards chaos. On the highway that I drove on, there were 40 accidents just this morning...

Iormlund

Is there any other kind? :P

Snowed today here as well (first time in years). It was already melted by the time I drove to work though. I did not see accidents along the way.
I hate driving when it's cold or rains by the way. Everyone and their mother was driving to work today. Also, whenever there's a mere hint of water on the pavement many people start driving at 25 mph. I cannot go fast enough to avoid red lights if there are idiots in the way. :mad:

Tamas

Quote from: Iormlund on December 17, 2009, 03:53:20 PM
Also, whenever there's a mere hint of water on the pavement many people start driving at 25 mph. I cannot go fast enough to avoid red lights if there are idiots in the way. :mad:

Yes!  :mad:

Syt

Was snowing at the Belvedere christmas market yesterday which was nice, but not much stayed on the ground. Punch was good, though.

Imagine this in the dark with snow:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

syk

Finally the 1st snow. 2 or 3 cm. Kids are ecstatic.  :)

katmai

Over last three days had about a foot of snow in my neighborhood and we have gotten off light compared to other parts of the area. Valdez had 6 feet of snow over same time period.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son