News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why China Won't Rule the World

Started by jimmy olsen, December 09, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on December 16, 2009, 10:06:51 AM
Good for them.  Let them figure out how to protect them.

Agreed.  The more interests China has abroad the closer they get to being the ones responsible for keeping it all together.  I look forward to that day.  The Chinese wont care about rules of engagement they will blow the fuck out of any fundy Muslims who fuck with them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on December 15, 2009, 01:52:33 PM
That article is bullshit.

The moment the chinese realize the power they bear, we are going to be in trouble.
That's why we need to contain them now, and do everything in our power to keep them down.
A world ruled by China is not an option for the West.

Why not?  We want to make money and they want to make money.  We want stability and fewer nutty people and they want the same thing.  So long as we are willing to sacrifice the parts of the world they see as China I don't see why would be in trouble.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

I believe they've paid off the local tribes.

QuoteIt would be possible to create such a state; it would not I think be possible to keep it "soft", since without some form of election-like checks and balances invariably eventually you would get a leader who had no interest in keeping it "soft" and there would be nothing to stop them.
Well I suppose that's why I'm interested in China because the institutions there seem closer to requiring the change of leadership and no sudden moves that could enable it to continue.
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2009, 11:36:36 AM
I believe they've paid off the local tribes.

QuoteIt would be possible to create such a state; it would not I think be possible to keep it "soft", since without some form of election-like checks and balances invariably eventually you would get a leader who had no interest in keeping it "soft" and there would be nothing to stop them.
Well I suppose that's why I'm interested in China because the institutions there seem closer to requiring the change of leadership and no sudden moves that could enable it to continue.

Not certain what you are saying here.

The current stability of China is a recent creation; under Mao, China was anything but stable.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius