What's the furthest distance you've ever driven on a single trip (one way)?

Started by Caliga, December 11, 2009, 08:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the furthest distance you've ever driven on a single trip (one way)?

less than 10 miles/15 km
2 (4.1%)
10-50 miles/16-80 km
1 (2%)
51-100 miles/81-160 km
0 (0%)
101-250 miles/161 km-400 km
3 (6.1%)
251-500 miles/401-800 km
9 (18.4%)
501-1000 miles/801-1600 km
13 (26.5%)
1000-5000 miles/1601-8000 km
19 (38.8%)
5001+ miles/8001+ km
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Caliga

Ok, I'm sure Kat or Beeb will 'win' this poll, but I figured I'd ask anyway, since I am curious.  I am planning on driving to New Jersey this summer to go to my cousin's wedding and I calculated that it'll be a 702 mile trip, one way.  I think the longest I ever drove myself in one trip before was from Boston to Louisville, which was 970 miles given the idiotic route my mother in law insisted on taking.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

I drove from Roma QLD to Moomba SA just to arrive to find I wasn't needed and go straight back home.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

I drove from Cumberland RI to Nashville, that was 19 hours worth of driving. Not sure how far in miles.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 11, 2009, 08:53:19 AM
I drove from Cumberland RI to Nashville, that was 19 hours worth of driving. Not sure how far in miles.
1,078 miles according to Google Maps.  Nice drive too, looks like you would have gone through the Smokies. :wub:

Zanza

How do you define a trip? As you have 5000 miles as a choice, I assume that it is allowed to sleep inbetween?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on December 11, 2009, 08:59:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 11, 2009, 08:53:19 AM
1,078 miles according to Google Maps.  Nice drive too, looks like you would have gone through the Smokies. :wub:
Voted wrong then, I chose the 500-1,000 mile one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valdemar

From NYC to Orlando, one stretch, two drivers, dunno how far that is

V

Caliga

Quote from: Zanza on December 11, 2009, 09:01:53 AM
How do you define a trip? As you have 5000 miles as a choice, I assume that it is allowed to sleep inbetween?
Yes.  On the Boston-Louisville trip, we stopped overnight in Buffalo... in January. :bleeding:  It of course snowed two feet that night.

Brazen

About 450 miles to Scotland. You can't go much further in the UK - you'd be in the sea :P

Caliga

Quote from: Valdemar on December 11, 2009, 09:03:36 AM
From NYC to Orlando, one stretch, two drivers, dunno how far that is
1,074 miles.  Beaten by Timmy by 4.  :cool:

Josquius

I've never driven too far, my car really sucked and even going down to Middlesbrough (50 miles) was something my parents wouldn't let me do (it was many years ago I had a car)
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

My family drove from Washington state to Virginia back when I was a kid. Naturally I didn't drive then.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help