Polish town buys donkey for Norwegian couple

Started by Syt, December 10, 2009, 01:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on December 11, 2009, 11:23:02 AM
Norwegian welfare should go a long way in most countries of the world.
Pension checks I bet.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Habbaku on December 11, 2009, 11:18:27 AM
I'd be interested in knowing how the couple have been paying their way this whole time.

Donkey shows

KRonn

Quote from: Monoriu on December 11, 2009, 02:18:15 AM
Do I see a donkey and a dog kissing each other in the picture?
Dogs and donkeys, living together! It's chaos!11!!   

Richard Hakluyt

I'd be interested in knowing how the couple have been paying their way this whole time.  Surely whatever money they brought with them has since run out?

Judging by the pic it's not exactly 5-star travel. I would think that many of the people on this board over the age of, say...35, could easily sell up and spend the rest of their lives travelling round the world with a donkey. It's just that it's not really that appealing a prospect  :D

Habbaku

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 11, 2009, 12:26:34 PM
I'd be interested in knowing how the couple have been paying their way this whole time.  Surely whatever money they brought with them has since run out?

Judging by the pic it's not exactly 5-star travel. I would think that many of the people on this board over the age of, say...35, could easily sell up and spend the rest of their lives travelling round the world with a donkey. It's just that it's not really that appealing a prospect  :D

Point.   :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

KRonn

You're just a mean spirited donkey hater!!     :mad:

Slargos

:yes:

And quite frankly, a lot of people of that generation could do it 5-star style if they wanted aswell. With property prices rising the way they have, a large portion of the older generations who built or bought in the 60s and 70s now sit on houses and appartments often without any mortgage worth generally anywhere up to $1m and given in addition some relatively high pensions, they are an economically powerful bunch.