News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Did Obama Snub the Nobel Prize Committee?

Started by Faeelin, December 10, 2009, 09:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2009, 11:05:56 AM
I'm sure he had some valid reason or another for not attending. -_-

I can't believe I'm actually defending Obama.  :huh:
One of Obama's daughters might have had a school recital that he wanted to get back in time for?? 

LaCroix

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2009, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 10, 2009, 10:43:33 AM
I'm sorry did Norway think they mattered?
Assuming 'no', then materially how is he different from any other rich dude?  Shouldn't Obama be spending his time trying to, you know, get shit done?

assuming 'no,' then he has nothing better to do than eat lunch with kings!  :mad:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2009, 11:56:05 AM
So what's the word on the Norwegian street Viking?

Probably a variant on " Meg God! Denne øl er latterlig dyr!", it usually is  :huh:

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2009, 11:59:39 AM
Fits nicely into my theory that Obama will gladly bow to non-white monarchs/heads of state, but disrespects European ones.  As always, I blame the skirts (in this case, Michelle) :D
Is Obama racist against the white man? :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on December 10, 2009, 11:55:40 AM
Norway has 700 men in Afghanistan. They can be recalled.
meh, they're just there to loot monasteries and carry off wimmins anyway  :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Rasputin

Quote from: grumbler on December 10, 2009, 09:27:48 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 10, 2009, 09:20:22 AM
Hopefully he felt like the fake he was and hence it wouldn't be right for him to act like a real nobel peace prize winner.
I love how all the pinheads are blaming the blunder of awarding the NPP to the wrong man on the recipient!  :lol:

He isn't the fake in this situation.  The award is the fake.   that he doesn't respect the award any more than absolutely required earns him kudos from me, and if the Norwegians don't like it, they should address their anger to the people who trashed the credibility of their prize over the last few decades (but never more than this year).

Every now and then I completely agree with something you've posted.

This usually causes me anxiety.
Who is John Galt?

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2009, 12:21:34 PM
Fits nicely into my theory that Obama will gladly bow to non-white monarchs/heads of state, but disrespects European ones.  As always, I blame the skirts (in this case, Michelle) :D

Dunno.  I think Michelle is, at least.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

I liked President Obama's speech listed a couple of pages earlier in this thread. Very well said.

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on December 10, 2009, 09:39:32 AM
:blink:
You've got issues.
:lmfao:  Straight to the ad hominim fallacy without even passing go! 

Obama's treatment of the Norwegian king is surely all about my issues!  :rolleyes:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DisturbedPervert

Winkelried

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2009, 12:22:25 PM
Quote from: Viking on December 10, 2009, 11:55:40 AM
Norway has 700 men in Afghanistan. They can be recalled.
meh, they're just there to loot monasteries and carry off wimmins anyway  :rolleyes:

Or to produce an Afghanistan version of the Kosovo song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPGEl-uqvwg

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2009, 12:43:02 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2009, 12:21:34 PM

Dunno.  I think Michelle is, at least.

She also has a black helicopter she got from the UN.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Sweet speech, I bet the committee was feeling some buyers remorse after that! :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point