Cops in Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo have killed 11,000+ in the last 6 years

Started by jimmy olsen, December 08, 2009, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Brain, that won't work because as an American Valmy arrogantly assumes that you worship his nation and culture, and you damn well BETTER know things like that.  :(  Also, the "not a homo" thing.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 01:44:03 PM
Brain, that won't work because as an American Valmy arrogantly assumes that you worship his nation and culture, and you damn well BETTER know things like that.  :(  Also, the "not a homo" thing.

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2009, 01:30:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 09, 2009, 01:26:46 PM
I think I've mentioned that by brother is dating a Brazillian girl

I did that once.  She was impressed I knew Cabral discovered Brazil in 1500 and I knew Brasilia was the capital and that Portuguese was the official language.  Getting laid by foreigners is easy when they discover you know something about their country if you are an American.

And while she was definitely the hottest girl I ever slept with she was definitely not Cal's type :(
Weird conclusion, I find the opposite. Its better to be totally ignorant about countries. Gives you stuff to talk about and be amazed about. Hence my geography skillz are a big cock block for me (yes. Thats exactly what it is. Not my other failings).
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2009, 01:30:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 09, 2009, 01:26:46 PM
I think I've mentioned that by brother is dating a Brazillian girl

I did that once.  She was impressed I knew Cabral discovered Brazil in 1500 and I knew Brasilia was the capital and that Portuguese was the official language.  Getting laid by foreigners is easy when they discover you know something about their country if you are an American.

And while she was definitely the hottest girl I ever slept with she was definitely not Cal's type :(

I once had to explain to a canadian that he country was a monarchy and the queen was the head of state in canada. She is a Professor of Education and in my view such people should know stuff like that.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Brain, that won't work because as an American Valmy arrogantly assumes that you worship his nation and culture, and you damn well BETTER know things like that.

It only works if you are an American.  Since you are a Euro I automatically assume you not only know far more about the USA than I do but you can also name every Roman Emperor from Augustus on and can trash talk about obscure battles of the Livonian War of the 1560s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2009, 01:49:28 PM
Brain, that won't work because as an American Valmy arrogantly assumes that you worship his nation and culture, and you damn well BETTER know things like that.

It only works if you are an American.  Since you are a Euro I automatically assume you not only know far more about the USA than I do but you can also name every Roman Emperor from Augustus on and can trash talk about obscure battles of the Livonian War of the 1560s.

Welcome to Languish.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on December 09, 2009, 01:49:01 PM
Weird conclusion, I find the opposite. Its better to be totally ignorant about countrys. Gives you stuff to talk about and be amazed about.

You don't understand just what it means to be a foreigner in the United States.  People would hear she was Brazilian and start babbling to her in High School Spanish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I've never tried to use foreign knowledge to get laid, but I can report that when I was in Italy and answered the Italians in Italian, rather than the English they were expecting, they fucking FLIPPED OUT.  :cool:

ITALIAN WAITER: Prego.
CAL: Grazie mille.
ITALIAN WAITER: EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *dances for joy*

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2009, 01:50:47 PM
You don't understand just what it means to be a foreigner in the United States.  People would hear she was Brazilian and start babbling to her in High School Spanish.
Anyway, if she is super hot in other ways (especially if she had a nice ass), I can do as low as a 'B' if I have to. -_-

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 01:51:24 PM
I've never tried to use foreign knowledge to get laid, but I can report that when I was in Italy and answered the Italians in Italian, rather than the English they were expecting, they fucking FLIPPED OUT.  :cool:

ITALIAN WAITER: Prego.
CAL: Grazie mille.
ITALIAN WAITER: EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *dances for joy*

Er, no.  Not a single waiter danced for joy when I used very simnply italian phrases.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 01:52:16 PM
Anyway, if she is super hot in other ways (especially if she had a nice ass), I can do as low as a 'B' if I have to. -_-
Women of the world cry with relief.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on December 09, 2009, 01:53:55 PM
Er, no.  Not a single waiter danced for joy when I used very simnply italian phrases.
Were you part of a tour group, 80% of whose members were old New York Italian-Americans trying get in touch with "DUR ROOTZ"? :bleeding:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 01:51:24 PM

I love low expectations :)  All Argies I meet are amazed that I understand pretty much everything they're babbling on about.  Not to mention what I'm able to speak.

But I get lazy after I've known them for a while.  I make my in-laws speak English to me :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2009, 01:49:28 PM

It only works if you are an American.  Since you are a Euro
Thanks for the promotion!  :cool: 

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on December 09, 2009, 01:57:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 09, 2009, 01:53:55 PM
Were you part of a tour group, 80% of whose members were old New York Italian-Americans trying get in touch with "DUR ROOTZ"? :bleeding:

Hell no.

We landed in Frankfurt, then drove throughout Italy.  We stayed in campgrounds and hostels.

We don't do tour groups.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.