News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

April Fools Day

Started by Ed Anger, March 31, 2009, 06:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2009, 08:59:48 AMMine did to.  But maybe that course is not offered in grumblers school.

Either that or the dudes who run AP stopped offering that course.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2009, 05:11:12 PM
Today was the day people took tests to qualify for AP history courses.  Last night they had a reading package about the Morales administration in Brazil, and they were all wound up with anxiety about how they were going to need to write about Morales.   I made up the real test and then created a second one, identical, except the question:
"In what ways is the Evo Morales administration in Brazil like, and unlike, the reign of Clovis I, King of the Franks."
This was the version I handed out first.

The look on their face was priceless, as none of them, of course, had ever heard of Clovis I.  The most popular response after I said "April Fools" and handed out the real test was something about how I deserved death for that trick.  :lol:
Lol!  Good one.   :lmfao:

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 02, 2009, 08:55:44 AM
:huh:

My AP European History class in high school spent quite a bit of time on pre-modern Europe, including on the Franks.
There is nothing on the current AP European history test that covers anything prior to 1450.  I cover Charlemagne purely as a lead-in to the whole Germans versus Slavs tradition, and never mention Clovis at all.  In fact, i cover nothing before Charlemagne, nor anything between Charlemagne and the Hundred Years War (and even the latter we only cover as a prelude to the rise of nationalism and the New Monarchies).

The course has to be taught that way, as there is so much detail that must be covered from 1450 to 2006, plus all the study and writing skills.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!