Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Maybe they'd recently seen Cats?

Queequeg

Can't someone help Malthus?  Will no one help the widow's son?   :(
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

I used to want to join the masons. It was when I believed what the Catholic Church is saying, i.e. that they are a secretive sect bent on bringing down the Christian faith and ushering in the new era of the Antichrist's rule.

Then I realised they really are a tea-time club for elderly gentlemen and lost interest. :(

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on December 02, 2009, 05:51:16 PM
I used to want to join the masons. It was when I believed what the Catholic Church is saying, i.e. that they are a secretive sect bent on bringing down the Christian faith and ushering in the new era of the Antichrist's rule.

Then I realised they really are a tea-time club for elderly gentlemen and lost interest. :(

Here, it is more like a fraternity for used car salesmen and the like.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DGuller

Drakken

Quote from: Malthus on December 02, 2009, 11:54:07 AM
I saw something yesterday that I found more than a trifle freaky.

I work in an office tower (First Canadian Place) right downtown in Toronto, at Bay & King. Here, all the towers are connected by an underground shopping-mall-walkway, which is always incredibly crowded during the work-day, with business types in suits.

Anyway, I was trudging to work from the subway, when I saw a business-suited fellow greet another old dude in a business suit in the most bizzare manner, hard to describe - he did a sort of dance, rearing his body up in the air and his head back and making cat-pawing motions with his hands, while bobbing his head up and down . The other guy reacted by doing the same dance in return, and then they walked off in opposite directions. Not a word said by either of them.

I was thinking "wtf?" but of course had no opportunity to find out.

The wierd thing is that, at lunch, I say *another* pair of suited types greeting each other in this manner - totally different guys.

Frat ritual? Secret society? Why two on the same day? Just inexplicable.

Any other examples of unexplained wierdness you've seen lately?

You've found civil servants working at the Canadian Separtment of Silly Walks?

Caliga

Anyway, back to the OP:  One time I met this guy who had cancer of the leg and he did this fucked up thing where he flexed his leg muscle and it bulged out in this unnatural way and I almost threw up.  :(

Monoriu

I saw a middle-aged Chinese dude, perhaps in his 50s or early 60s, in a brown suit and tie in a mall.  He was alone, just loittering, with his hands to his back. There was nothing unusual about him, except one thing.

He was wearing 4-5 inch high heels, female style. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2009, 07:11:39 PM
Anyway, back to the OP:  One time I met this guy who had cancer of the leg and he did this fucked up thing where he flexed his leg muscle and it bulged out in this unnatural way and I almost threw up.  :(

Someone we know?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Why was the guy showing you his legs?

Capetan Mihali

Leg cancer?  :bleeding:  Dear God, something new to worry about.   :Embarrass:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on December 02, 2009, 07:26:30 PM
Why was the guy showing you his legs?
I think he was comparing them to some anime character's legs.  After that he talked about Turtledove for a while and then started pulling out news clippings and pinning them to the wall, WITHOUT COMMENTING ON THEM.  That's what I actually threw up :x