Prezdizzle interrupts my TV shows again, or the presidential war speech thread

Started by Ed Anger, December 01, 2009, 06:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: derspiess on December 01, 2009, 08:49:51 PM
Anywho, I'm missing out on our brave wartime Prez's speech.  Not that I usually watch live TV anyway, but I'm stuck watching Polar Express for at least the 7th time in as many days.  It's almost over, but I have a feeling I will be watching Santa Buddies right after that :mellow:

When did you get sent to Gitmo?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Faeelin

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2009, 09:00:17 PM
I slept through it.  My head feels terrible.  Anything big happen?

First contact. The opening line was "Fuck you, hard scifi!"

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2009, 08:13:30 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2009, 08:11:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2009, 08:10:08 PM
And you fuckers trying to deflect my rage need to get off my lawn.
Who's trying to deflect your rage?  I'm calling you a weird old crank.

you young people make me sick

Then you must be very ill after seeing all those pimply-faced self-absorbed West Point cadets in the audience.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Fate

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2009, 09:00:17 PM
I slept through it.  My head feels terrible.  Anything big happen?

To paraphrase FOXNEWS' keen analysis: worst speech ever, the war has been lost, American exceptionalism is over.

Eddie Teach

Anywho, I'm missing out on our brave wartime Prez's speech.  Not that I usually watch live TV anyway, but I'm stuck watching Polar Express for at least the 7th time in as many days.  It's almost over, but I have a feeling I will be watching Santa Buddies right after that :mellow:

Do you only have one tv?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2009, 08:06:06 PM
Saying "my shows" makes you sound like a senior citizen.

:lol: S was saying the same thing about me bitching about the same thing.  BTW, Ed, I call Pauley Perrette.  Comes pre-equipped with handles for bondage. :perv:
Experience bij!

Razgovory

You know what would be nice?  If we were in a position where loony Muslims weren't shooting at our soldiers.  I dunno, I just feel sorry for all the poor bastards over there.  Not the locals.  I don't care much for them.  Just our guys.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 01, 2009, 08:54:02 PM

When did you get sent to Gitmo?

Late January 2008.  The first phase of torture was sleep deprivation, a lot of high pitched screaming, being vomited on, and being forced to clean up poop.

The current phase involves the repetitive videos & music, as well as all my belongings getting broken or totally hidden from me.

I broke a long time ago, so I don't know why the torture continues :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2009, 10:38:06 PM

Do you only have one tv?

Nope.  But I'm not in the habit of leaving my 2-year old by himself for hours at a time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on December 01, 2009, 11:52:59 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2009, 10:38:06 PM

Do you only have one tv?

Nope.  But I'm not in the habit of leaving my 2-year old by himself for hours at a time.

Merithyn did it all the time.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

derspiess

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on December 02, 2009, 12:28:26 AM
Btw what is the deal with your avatar?  It's disturbing.

It was the scandal on Google about how searching Michelle Obama in image search came up first with that image.  Google even made a press release / fake ad about how sometimes image searches can come up with insulting stuff.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.