News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Borderlands

Started by Razgovory, November 30, 2009, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I got this one off steam.  Anyone try it?  It seems it's best played multiplayer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fate

I agree. However, single player is still quite fun, especially on the second run through when you start off at ~lvl 30ish.

derspiess

Started playing it over the weekend on the 360.  Fun game, though I'm not big on the comic book-ish graphics.

I haven't played many RPGs, so I didn't notice levels being attached to different quests until I kept failing at a couple of them :lol:  I'm level 14 - Hunter right now.  It's taking me a little longer to get the hang of the game than it did for Fallout 3.  Overall, I like it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Should I buy this? Can I recommend it to friends for that co-op experience?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

derspiess

I think it's worth it at full price (and co-op is arguably its greatest strength), but I'd have to think there would be a price drop any day if it's still at full price.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

I concur with everything derspicy posted.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

It's already sold extremely well.  3 million units from what I heard.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Jaron

Have it on sexy box. If anyone wants to play lemme know and I will show you the ropes.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

My brother was annoying me about this game earlier on Blackberry messenger.  He wants me and Princesca to get it so we can play with him.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eochaid

It's a nice game.

I play it with a friend on Xbox

Kevin
It's been a while

The Brain

Razgovory

I don't really have friends. :(

derspiess

Quote from: Jaron on February 23, 2010, 01:45:06 AM
Have it on sexy box. If anyone wants to play lemme know and I will show you the ropes.

I got rid of my copy so I could continue working through my backlog.  I might buy it again if I can find a deal.