News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Your anti-feminist thread of the week!

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 24, 2009, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Fact: My father couldn't pull his own weight. Folding towels as a stay at home constituted a big chore in his mind.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Palisadoes

I think there are a lot of lazy guys out there, despite what this says (EDIT: I should also mention that there are a lot of lazy girls out there too, though lazy guys are more noticable, probably due to social expectations of men providing and being ambitious, etc...). However, I also see that even women are quite conflicted in themselves of their 'role', a lot of the time.

merithyn

I'm not conflicted; I'm fucking tired. Working 50+ hours a week and then having to come home to do housework is a bit trying at the best of times. Luckily, my husband easily does 50% of the work, if not more. Plus, we have slaves kids to help out, too.

That being said, my ex didn't do shit at home but sleep. That didn't change after I left him, either. His powder room wasn't cleaned for three years after I left. He finally cleaned it when he found his current wife and invited her over.  :x
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: merithyn on November 29, 2009, 12:19:00 AM, my ex didn't do shit at home but sleep. That didn't change after I left him, either. His powder room wasn't cleaned for three years after I left. He finally cleaned it when he found his current wife and invited her over.  :x

Is he Korean?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

merithyn

As American as apple pie. His heritage, though several generations in the states, is Greek.

Martinus

Quote from: merithyn on November 29, 2009, 12:30:52 AM
As American as apple pie.

You realise that apple pie is a German invention, right?  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 29, 2009, 05:59:31 AM

And Americans were a British one. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on November 29, 2009, 05:59:31 AM
Quote from: merithyn on November 29, 2009, 12:30:52 AM
As American as apple pie.

Not sure where you come up with that. My understanding is that Apple Pie has been around for more than 700 years, but one of the few documented cases of a recipe was in England in the cookbook A Forme of Cury published by Samuel Pegge in the 1700s from a compilation by Richard II's cooks in 1390. (There was a huge difference, of course, in that sugar was rarely used so it wasn't sweet, and the crust wasn't meant to be eaten.) Prior to that, there's mention of an apple pie in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. If there are earlier mentions in German texts, I don't know about them, but I think it's safe to say that the concept of an "apple pie" was not born in Germany.

The saying, "It's as American as Apple Pie," comes from Queen Victoria, asking her chef to make her an American Apple Pie, as the American version was sweeter. From there, it blossomed into common vernacular, until it became a common saying during World War II. Soldiers, when asked what they missed most about home would often say, "Baseball, Mom, and apple pie."

But good effort by you. :)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn