And we're back!

Main Menu

My mom's house is under attack...

Started by merithyn, November 28, 2009, 06:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

... by flying drunken 18 year olds.

Link to story

Carter called me at 12:35am this morning to tell me that the car flew through my mom's tree, rolling into a stop inches from her front deck. My mom's only concern? Her damn tree.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jaron

Sounds like stupid runs in the female blood of your family.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

merithyn

Given that the tree is all that was hurt, I'd say she's smarter than most. ;)

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

It's illegal to swim in the Des Moines river? :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

Yeah, that was news to me, too. We used to swim in that river all the time.

The thing is, it's pretty dangerous. Des Moines sits on the convergence of two rivers: the Des Moines River and the Raccoon River. There's obviously a lot of undertow because of that, plus there are dams all up and down both rivers. It really isn't safe in the city, though I'm fairly sure it's not illegal to swim in the river outside of town.

Martinus

Merri, is your family a magnet for the bizarre and/or criminal events, or is it just normal for American posters, only that you choose to share more with us than the rest? Honest question.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 29, 2009, 06:01:38 AM
Merri, is your family a magnet for the bizarre and/or criminal events, or is it just normal for American posters, only that you choose to share more with us than the rest? Honest question.

omg those Americans.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on November 29, 2009, 06:01:38 AM

:unsure:

How would I know?