Artistic representation of WWII in Ukraine through sand painting.

Started by The Larch, November 26, 2009, 08:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on November 28, 2009, 08:12:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2009, 08:11:05 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 28, 2009, 07:58:54 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 27, 2009, 10:56:48 PM
Awesome. Very moving.  :cry:
I might have been moved had I understood what the fuck was going on.  Clearly the audience was, though, which is unsurprising given how violently the Ukraine got raped between circa 1930 (starting with Stalin's food policies) and 1945.
:huh: It didn't seem that hard to follow. Young lovers separated, the country devastated by war, and finally at the end a reunion.

You watch too much anime.
Lol :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on November 27, 2009, 09:55:44 AM
Glad that you like it. I didn't realize that it had already been posted more than once, where?

@GF: Which parts are those that you don't understand?

All of it.

Why is it sad? Why are people crying? She could write 1997 at the end & tell us it was the story of some little girl that got raped & it would be the same for me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

I might have been moved had I understood what the fuck was going on.  Clearly the audience was, though, which is unsurprising given how violently the Ukraine got raped between circa 1930 (starting with Stalin's food policies) and 1945.
:huh: It didn't seem that hard to follow. Young lovers separated, the country devastated by war, and finally at the end a reunion.

Really? Where the hell is the war then!

Caliga

I got the war part... I mean at one point she was drawing what looked like Stukas and then violently messed up her current drawing, which I assume represented fire/destruction.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2009, 08:39:38 AM

Really? Where the hell is the war then!

Hello? Air raid sirens? Bombers drawn in the sky? Sound of bombing? Red Army Choir songs? Machine gun fire? General chaos?

Grey Fox

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on November 28, 2009, 08:05:07 AM
I had a bad dream and woke up at 3:30. :a: Besides, I'm not young. I'm 25 now.

25 in Martian years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?