Snow Leopard rabble rabble rabble

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 25, 2009, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Someone who goes on that long of a vacation is not truly needed.  Therefore, endeavor to get them fired.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2009, 08:15:26 AM
Someone who goes on that long of a vacation is not truly needed.  Therefore, endeavor to get them fired.  :)

Ah, the anger of the plebs. Back to work, slave!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

:huh: Upper level people never take vacations that long.  You = phony :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2009, 09:35:55 AM
:huh: Upper level people never take vacations that long.  You = phony :)

I've been called worse.

Then again, I've never had a month off either. Unless you count 9 months off for a injury.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 27, 2009, 09:41:20 AM
Then again, I've never had a month off either.
So in other words you agree with me.  :cool:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2009, 10:10:54 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 27, 2009, 09:41:20 AM
Then again, I've never had a month off either.
So in other words you agree with me.  :cool:
As much as it disgusts me, yes.  :mad:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on November 27, 2009, 08:15:26 AM

LOL. Married to the owner of the company.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Our brilliant tech geeks at school upgraded the MS Office software on the Macs in the Mac lab (bought for us by a parent who is an Mac fanatic, so I can't complain).  The result is a file system that Windows software (on every other computer in the school save those in the art department) does not even recognize these files as files!  :lmfao:

When I asked the tech goobers what they were thinking by introducing software that basically made the teachers' and students' lives hell for a week until we figured out what happened, they just shrugged.  I love tech people who consider themselves completely divorced from the mission of the organization!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on November 29, 2009, 08:12:23 PM
Our brilliant tech geeks at school upgraded the MS Office software on the Macs in the Mac lab (bought for us by a parent who is an Mac fanatic, so I can't complain).  The result is a file system that Windows software (on every other computer in the school save those in the art department) does not even recognize these files as files!  :lmfao:

When I asked the tech goobers what they were thinking by introducing software that basically made the teachers' and students' lives hell for a week until we figured out what happened, they just shrugged.  I love tech people who consider themselves completely divorced from the mission of the organization!

Is this because of Office 2007? I really don't get why M'Soft did that...especially because they have a free conversion patch that you can add.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 29, 2009, 09:39:04 PM
XML is the new in thing.

Hardly answers my question. Microsoft forcing so many updates down my throat, but they couldn't give me an update so I can read .pptx? Instead I have to track down the file on their website. Lame.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Can't disagree with you there.  It was a royal bitch.  We weren't aloud to deploy 2007 until 2008.  And even then some departments kept their computers on 2007.  The result is that students and faculty have a ton of trouble getting their stuff in order.
PDH!