Sex scandal in Italy: Transsexual found dead after governor's resignation

Started by Syt, November 24, 2009, 01:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Transsexual In Italian Political Scandal Murdered

QuoteROME (Reuters) - A Brazilian transsexual caught up in a scandal which prompted the resignation of a senior Italian politician -- the center-left governor of Lazio region, which includes Rome -- was found burned to death in his home Friday. Police found a body following a fire in a basement flat in a neighborhood frequented by transsexual prostitutes and court sources said magistrates were treating the death as murder.

Forensic tests were expected to identify the remains as those of a transsexual known only as Brenda, police said.

Brenda and another Brazilian transsexual were at the center of a case involving the blackmail of former Lazio Governor Piero Marrazzo by four police officers who secretly filmed him having sex and taking drugs with one of the transsexuals.

Marrazzo, a former journalist with state broadcaster RAI who was elected governor in 2005, quit his post when the case came to light in October. He took refuge in a monastery outside Rome.

Of the four policemen arrested on blackmail charges, one was released, one is under house arrest and two are in custody.

Marrazzo has acknowledged that he paid prostitutes and took cocaine. However, he faces no criminal charges and neither did the two transsexuals, as prostitution is not a crime in Italy.

Marrazzo's lawyer Luca Petrucci told reporters Brenda's death was "really worrying news" and demanded police protection for the other transsexual in the case, who is known as Natalie.

Brenda had called the police 12 days ago after reporting being attacked in the street and having a mobile phone stolen.

"I can't believe that last week this person was attacked and robbed and then a few hours ago burned to death. We must find out what's behind it," said Petrucci, recalling an early 1990s case of a police gang who committed robberies and then killed the witnesses.

Some news sites cite claims that Berlusconi had warned the governor about the existence of the tape.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on November 24, 2009, 01:43:34 PMSome news sites cite claims that Berlusconi had warned the governor about the existence of the tape.

He did, informing him in the quality of director of one of his magazines, that had gotten hold of the tape.

Btw, one of the drug dealers also appeared dead in the last few days, and the prostitute's laptop was dumped in the bath of the house that burned down.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Hm, from the sound of it I wonder if there is organized crime involvement.  Nah, couldn't be.... it's Italy. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

It is weird that Italian politics is so...mafiaish. Its just the sort of stereotype you wouldn't expect to be true.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 24, 2009, 07:06:33 PM
It is weird that Italian politics is so...mafiaish. Its just the sort of stereotype you wouldn't expect to be true.
I don't know Brazilian transsexual prostitutes sounds like a good night at Tory Central Office.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt