Solium Infernum - out on Wednesday OMG!

Started by Tamas, November 23, 2009, 01:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2009, 01:57:59 PM
And download died again. :bleeding:

Are you using IE? It went fine with it. Alternatively, install Flashget

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

One of the opponents repeatedly tried to provoke a Vendetta against me, but my prestige lead was too vast: I just conceded each time. Plus for a couple of turns someone repeatedly stole resource cards from my vault which is I guess a basic countermeasure of my greed victory condition.

But I was just way too lucky at the start and won without problems.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on November 26, 2009, 12:04:00 PM
Who gives two shits about the AI though?

Some people like playing games they know they can win every time.  Doesn't say much about their ego, mind you...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on November 26, 2009, 03:54:40 PM

Some people like playing games they know they can win every time.  Doesn't say much about their ego, mind you...

Don't be so rude to Ed  :mad:

I have started a new game with the same avatar on a different and large map with max number of opponents, If this will be so easy again, I will not play a charismatic avatar against the AI anymore

Syt

I'm giving up trying to download this today.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on November 26, 2009, 04:02:57 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on November 26, 2009, 03:54:40 PM

Don't be so rude to Ed  :mad:

I have started a new game with the same avatar on a different and large map with max number of opponents, If this will be so easy again, I will not play a charismatic avatar against the AI anymore

I don't like people. I sure as hell wouldn't tolerate berkie's chess clock mentality.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2009, 05:44:49 PM

I don't like people. I sure as hell wouldn't tolerate berkie's chess clock mentality.

:lmfao: You should no better than to listen to Bandwagon Seedy. At least by now.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Tamas

Syt, the designer wrote this on his forum:

QuoteI apologize if you are having problems with the full product download. If you have a download problem and can't get the full product to download from BMT then send me an email with your purchase order ID or the email that you used to buy the game. I am working on an alternate delivery method and will have it available shortly. Please put a subj line like DOWNLOAD PROBLEM

support (at] crypticcomet.com

PLEASE try the second download link provided though. It is below the first and labeled "Non-secure http"

Sorry again for the inconvenience. I'll get you hooked up or refund your purchase.

Vic

Syt

Had the problem with both links.

I'm currently trying again. If it fails once more I'm off to play OOTP (let a fantasy league sim over the day from 1976 through 2009 as game setup).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I am still iffy about the AI, but you gotta admit the theme is cool when you can say stuff like
"My strongest Legion, the Athalan Phalanx led by Abraxas, famous champion of the Infernal Arena; used the Infernal Engine to besiege and capture the Temple of Lust".

Scipio

Quote from: Tamas on November 27, 2009, 11:41:02 AM
I am still iffy about the AI, but you gotta admit the theme is cool when you can say stuff like
"My strongest Legion, the Athalan Phalanx led by Abraxas, famous champion of the Infernal Arena; used the Infernal Engine to besiege and capture the Temple of Lust".
It's like issue 55 of Lucifer.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on November 27, 2009, 11:41:02 AM

Quit fanboing up your reviews and get down to brass tacks.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Drakken

If there is enough interest, I might buy it and participate in PBEM.

I just can't help it, I love Hell.  :blush: