News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

derspiess's Attention-Whoring Thread

Started by derspiess, November 23, 2009, 01:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quotewe got to the gift shop.

Oh man, the AF museum gift shop. I drove my parents nuts when I was kid in there. That was when they had Avalon Hill war games in there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2012, 12:51:55 PM
Quotewe got to the gift shop.

Oh man, the AF museum gift shop. I drove my parents nuts when I was kid in there. That was when they had Avalon Hill war games in there.

Tommy was mostly excited about the Snoopy (vs. Red Baron) puzzle and their selection of nonsensically-designed Matchbox die-cast airplanes.  You know, the crap he can get anywhere else.  Then he wanted an expensive model, not understanding that we'd have to put it together.  Surprisingly, he did not like the astronaut ice cream, which is fine cuz that's more for me.

I had to buy the official museum catalog of aircraft, to go along with the other 20 editions I have.

When we were first pulling up to the museum I pointed out by name the F-104 Starfighter they had out in front.  About 45 minutes later when we were back in the Cold War section, he asked me why they had steps that lead up to the cockpit of "the starfighter", which happened to be another F-104.  Not sure if that was pure luck or not, but I rewarded him in the gift shop for it regardless.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

"No toys for you, you failed to tell me about the F-104's downward firing ejection system in early models!"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

So the wife made some biscotti w/chocolate last night and Lola somehow snagged one of them today. 

WHY SO SERIOUS?

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Either that or "F--- off and let me finish this" when her mom was taking the pic.

derspiess

Lola hunting Easter Eggs last Saturday:

She didn't get as much as Tommy:

CountDeMoney

Awww.  :(

Tommy should share.  That's what Big Brudders do.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2013, 01:02:13 PM

He actually did.  But you know there's limits.  And there was money in the eggs. 

Jacob

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2013, 01:26:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2013, 01:02:13 PM

I never did. :P

Shocking.

You gotta be tough in my family. Chocolate eggs and those filled with money are no laughing matters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.