News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

derspiess's Attention-Whoring Thread

Started by derspiess, November 23, 2009, 01:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2009, 04:04:06 PM
Sweetass does have a point on those 70's Pirates unis.

Bleh.  Only thing worse was Astros uniforms of the same era.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2009, 02:01:29 PM

Yellow is ugly color. :yes:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 27, 2009, 02:01:29 PM

You sir, are a monster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 27, 2009, 02:38:49 PM
You sir, are a monster.

You may like seeing Willie Stargell look like a 300lb. canary, but not I.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

As a nostalgia/throwback look, I quite like the 70s-era Astros uniforms.

They certainly are distinctive.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2009, 03:27:21 PM

They're fun to laugh at, but that's about it.  Some retro uniforms are actually pretty cool, but I'd say most 70s & 80s uniforms were hideous.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2009, 03:27:21 PM

The ones with the shorts?  Dude, seriously.

derspiess

Moved Tommy to a 'big boy bed' last night (we actually just converted his crib).  Last week I had caught him nearly climbing over the side of his crib, so it was time.  He just turned 2 anyway, and from what I've read you're supposed to do this between 18 months & 2 years.

Anywho, it was... interesting.  I made sure to tire him out before I put him to bed, and we let him stay up even later than usual, but the freedom of not being confined to bed by wooden bars was too exciting for him.  Twice I had to chase him down after he escaped from his room, and then another time I walked in to find him watching a Sesame Street DVD on his TV.  Finally had to stand guard next to him while he fell asleep.

It was actually better than I expected.  He *hates* going to bed and likes to explore the house unsupervised, so I had visions of him keeping us up until 4:00am or waking up in the middle of the night to go downstairs & play with his train.

As it turns out, when he woke up this morning he yelled for us to come get him, apparently forgetting that he can just get up on his own :D

So my kid no longer has anything to physically restrain him from running all over the house at any given time.  God help me.

Any other Languish parents who have been through this "adjusting period" have any advice to share?

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on February 01, 2010, 11:44:52 AM

Any other Languish parents who have been through this "adjusting period" have any advice to share?

Not really, it becomes pretty normal very fast.

Another week or two, you won't even notice it, and neither will he.

He will, however, now have the ability to come wander into your room at inconvenient times. Something to be aware of if you are into a little early morning pick me up, so to speak.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

I'm dreading the time the twins will be able to move around on their own at night. They are already becoming adept at overwhelming room fences and hallway barriers.

frunk

Do they work together to escape, communicating psychically through their eerily glowing eyes?

Ed Anger

Quote from: frunk on February 01, 2010, 03:59:57 PM
Do they work together to escape, communicating psychically through their eerily glowing eyes?

Yes.

derspiess

So far, so good.  I was worried about him wandering around at night but he's staying put.  Again he wanted me to get him out of bed this morning & I practically had to coax him into getting out on his own power.

Also, he got mad at me last night because I laughed when he farted.

derspiess

Well, kid #2 arrived at 10:52 this morning.  Wife went into labor at 6:15am, and contractions startedout just 4 minutes apart. Had to get my mom over to the house to watch Tommy, then we rushed off to the hospital.  Once we got settled in and the wife got her epidural, it didn't take too long.  Just a few pushes and 7 lbs., 11 oz. of baby girl popped out.  I let the wife choose the name: Lola.

Richard Hakluyt

Congratulations  :cool:

Nice to have one of each..............or so I theorise  :D