languish meet in Italy : 7 - 11 May

Started by Richard Hakluyt, March 30, 2009, 02:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2009, 09:31:34 AM
I think I may have eaten there.  :cool:

How does it compare to a Kentucky gas station  :D?

Caliga

Barrister

Okay, so I did have time to check Languish Tuesday morning.  :)

See you guys on Thursday.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

See you later BB  :cool:

Have a good flight and a safe drive across the alps.

Pedrito

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 05, 2009, 09:09:01 AM
Which pass are you using?

Looks like a fast route to me apart from the last hour or so, which will be on busy mountain roads, easy to get behind a slow-moving vehicle.

:huh: :lol: :menace: :italiandriver:

about the station meeting: it will be a sure shot, good; I'll be the fat balding guy driving a SW BMW with the "FU JARON" bumper sticker  ;)

@ Cal: with all the good restaurants that there are in Italy...  :mad:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Caliga

Pedrito

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2009, 09:44:53 AM
Chill bro, I've also eaten here: http://www.ristoranteitrepini.it/dove_siamo.htm

:)

Oh, that's better  :) . If you ever decide to return to Italy, consider Princesca and yourself invited for a nice dinner.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Richard Hakluyt

These misfortunes happen whilst travelling, it's quite likely we'll have something to eat there as well. The flight is split in two, so instead of lunch I think we are getting two snacks  :(

Though I will be starting the day with a full English breakfast of course  :bowler:

Caliga

@ pedrito

Awesome. :smoke: Where are you again, Padua?  I think the closest I got to there was Verona.

Pedrito

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2009, 09:51:37 AM
@ pedrito

Awesome. :smoke: Where are you again, Padua?  I think the closest I got to there was Verona.

Mestre is about 20 kms from Padua, Verona is 90 kms. But before the new highway surounding Mestre was open, it was easier to get to Verona than to Mestre: damn trucks clogging the roads.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 05, 2009, 09:51:20 AM
These misfortunes happen whilst travelling, it's quite likely we'll have something to eat there as well. The flight is split in two, so instead of lunch I think we are getting two snacks  :(

Though I will be starting the day with a full English breakfast of course  :bowler:

Hmm.  I'll probably have a pint of milk and The Independent, as per usual.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Syt

It briefly seemed I might be able to come at least till sunday, but alas, it has been shot down by the Powers That Be.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

AnchorClanker

:face:

Sorry, Syt.  It would have been good to see you again.

Looks like it will be a bit chilly, but I'm not in the mood to further stuff the backpack.
I'm bound and determined to live out of a backpack and not my suitcase, which is getting pretty tattered these days.

Off to Manchester @ 1714, should arrive the same time as RH at Manchester Airport station.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Valmy

You know it is a Languish meet when everybody cancels at the last minute.  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."