Happy Darwin Day - Kirk Cameron on the Darwin-Hitler-Gay connection

Started by Syt, November 21, 2009, 05:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Why should I know who Kirk Cameron is, or care what he says?  Seems to me like a garden-variety kook whining that his religion is no longer supported by the state.  I've seen plenty of those already, and this one adds nothing new to the discussion as far as I can tell.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on November 21, 2009, 01:51:36 PM
Why should I know who Kirk Cameron is

I guess it was after your time. You know, when tv was already in color.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 05:55:15 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 21, 2009, 05:40:40 AM
You can spot your own Cal?

Cause I don't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

Edit: I posted a comment originally but I think this video speaks for itself.

:lmfao:

They are just itching to try each other's "bananas".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2009, 02:03:11 PM

I take it that this was a sitcom?

Pretty much all sitcoms came out after I had outgrown them at age ten or so (the Carol Burnett Show was NOT a sitcom).  If it wasn't a sitcom, I assumed that it was and ignored it.

In any case, why would an actor's opinion be worth posting about?

The later stuff, with the banana and the peanut butter (aka the "Evolutionists' Nightmare") videos I have seen before.  They are quite funny without knowing that one of the presenters is a former child star.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on November 21, 2009, 02:50:29 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 21, 2009, 02:03:11 PM

I take it that this was a sitcom?

Pretty much all sitcoms came out after I had outgrown them at age ten or so (the Carol Burnett Show was NOT a sitcom).  If it wasn't a sitcom, I assumed that it was and ignored it.

The later stuff, with the banana and the peanut butter (aka the "Evolutionists' Nightmare") videos I have seen before.  They are quite funny without knowing that one of the presenters is a former child star.

You haven't heard of "Growing Pains"? Hell, even I heard of it. I haven't watched it though - I understand it was awful a classic 80s' sitcom.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 03:01:49 PM
You haven't heard of "Growing Pains"? Hell, even I heard of it. I haven't watched it though - I understand it was awful a classic 80s' sitcom.

:yes:

Alan Thicke is a national treasure.

And a Fraternity Brother. :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Delta_Upsilon_alumni
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on November 21, 2009, 02:50:29 PM

I don't know that we are supposed to care, but people discuss the opinions of actors all the time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have always found it very nice that God took time out from His schedule of running everything to give rights to Americans.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DontSayBanana

Kirk Cameron is a moron; film at 11.

BTW, he's wrong about the prayer and bible thing- kids can pray or read the bible on their own as long as it doesn't disrupt class activity.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on November 21, 2009, 04:55:29 PM
Bibleman is Willie Ames though.

Never said he wasn't. Mart needs Bibleman forced down his throat. With a funnel of some sort.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive