News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

OTR?

Started by I Killed Kenny, March 10, 2009, 01:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

The money donations were for membership in the Inner Circle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Mine must have been honorary.  Though it's too bad PDH managed to get TBR shut down...I miss it.  :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2015, 09:07:12 PM
Mine must have been honorary.  Too bad PDH managed to get TBR shut down...I miss it.  :(

I don't think it technically got shut down, just everybody who could post there got purged.

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2015, 09:06:21 PM
The money donations were for membership in the Inner Circle.

Hmm....was the Inner Circle a Languish thing? Was it a predecessor of TBR? I'm sure I was in TBR at some point and the ONLY reason I could have been there was cash money.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on September 08, 2015, 09:08:58 PM
Hmm....was the Inner Circle a Languish thing? Was it a predecessor of TBR? I'm sure I was in TBR at some point and the ONLY reason I could have been there was cash money.

First iteration of the forum that crashed in 2008, yeah. TBR was around then too. TBR was initially based on Kapland participation.

Monoriu

Quote from: Jaron on September 08, 2015, 09:02:53 PM

Mono - I think there was some kind of a deal some years ago where you could donate money for TBR access. Someone may have bought you in or you may have won an honorary membership.

I just woke up one morning, checked languish, and found an additional link to TBR.  That's it. 

Jaron

Oh, if it was based on KAPLAND participation that makes sense. Mono was on Kapland too, was he not?

lustindarkness

Necromancy! A blast from the past, memories from the inner circle, kapland and tbr. The only thing this thread is missing is a mention of the Languish Elections.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

Quote from: Jaron on September 08, 2015, 09:18:16 PM
Oh, if it was based on KAPLAND participation that makes sense. Mono was on Kapland too, was he not?

I was registered for sure, but I wasn't really interested in Kapland.  Somehow I felt that there were too many subforums, and the tone was too...wild for me. 

TBR had already been up and running for a while before I was invited to join.  When I clicked on TBR for the first time, I found a thread where a number of people said that it would be a good idea to invite me because I had stories to share.  Or something like that. 

Jaron

You are an enigma, sir.

PDH

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2015, 09:07:12 PM
Mine must have been honorary.  Though it's too bad PDH managed to get TBR shut down...I miss it.  :(

I had to do it, it was anti-revolutionary.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on September 08, 2015, 09:33:11 PM
You are an enigma, sir.

An enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a fortune cookie.

Admiral Yi

Is this a new post by our Kenny or a zombie thread?

Eddie Teach

Nice to see IKK and Fahdiz back. :)

Jaron

Is it nice to see me back...