News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU president named.

Started by Richard Hakluyt, November 19, 2009, 03:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 19, 2009, 05:32:38 PM
So this guy's more like Peyton Randolph then.

Well...we still considered ourselves part of Britain when he was President.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

barkdreg

It's nice that he was chosen as president, now all of Europe can enjoy his boring and uneventful style of politics and have all problems buried and repressed like a bad case of childhood abuse.
The real problem is that now we have to get a new prime minister, if they chose that cretin Leterme I'm going to throw a hissy fit.

Also, the baronnes reminds me of those molerats in Fallout 3.

PRC

The woman in that picture looks like an orc.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on November 19, 2009, 05:13:04 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 19, 2009, 05:08:48 PM
A Belgian?  Does Belgium even have a national government anymore?
They had until now. That guy to be exact. But now they'll have fun picking a new guy. Can only take a year or two. ;)

with luck it'll take forever, meaning that the franco's finally broke the camel's back

Viking

Well, so much for the EU Presidency being relevant and independent.  :cry:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: barkdreg on November 19, 2009, 05:34:34 PM
The real problem is that now we have to get a new prime minister, if they chose that cretin Leterme I'm going to throw a hissy fit.

Lol, what will you do? Shout 'NON' all the time like those retards south of the border? :p
It is the fastest way to dismantle this failed nation

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 19, 2009, 03:56:25 PM
The EU is becoming a caricature of itself.

Oh it was never going to amount to anything.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

This is pathetic.  If Europe ever wants to be taken seriously then we need to stop appointing low countries' PMs and Foreign Ministers to serious people and get some guys with some clout up there.

I also think if we want to be taken seriously we should avoid people with the name 'van Rumpy' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2009, 08:14:55 AM
I also think if we want to be taken seriously we should avoid people with the name 'van Rumpy' :lol:

I think we can feel assured that at least one group of people are absolutely delighted with the choice of president........British tabloid headline writers  :D

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on November 19, 2009, 04:29:59 PM
So let me guess: the big guys could not agree who should get this potentially revolutionary position, and thus they gave it to a nobody, who will make the position utterly pointless, then proceeded to make the same with the perhaps even more important FM position, foiling any attempt to make the EU look like an entity to be taken seriously.

Where is the news? :(

It's like the Holy Roman Empire.  :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 19, 2009, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 19, 2009, 04:29:59 PM
So let me guess: the big guys could not agree who should get this potentially revolutionary position, and thus they gave it to a nobody, who will make the position utterly pointless, then proceeded to make the same with the perhaps even more important FM position, foiling any attempt to make the EU look like an entity to be taken seriously.

Indeed, another triumph for the Foreign Office  :bowler:

yes, Minister.  :bowler:

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2009, 08:14:55 AM
This is pathetic.  If Europe ever wants to be taken seriously then we need to stop appointing low countries' PMs and Foreign Ministers to serious people and get some guys with some clout up there.

Same could be said about NATO and appointing Danes.