You really can't make this Northern Exposure trailer trash shit up

Started by Caliga, November 17, 2009, 11:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 11:28:38 AM
Well, like I said, in retrospect it's easy to say he should not have picked her.  At this point I think he ought to have gone with Pawlenty or Romney.

In retrospect I would've preferred Romney (or Pawlenty, for that matter) over McCain as the GOP candidate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 11:41:45 AM
I'm convinced that she doesn't have any further political ambitions... but it would be disadvantageous for her to come out and say so because people would pay less attention to her.  I'm sure she'd like to be the next Huckabee on Fox--a role for which she'd be pretty well-suited.

I hope you're right.  I actually like Palin <gasp> but she's damaged goods after a very successful character assassination by the left. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2009, 12:39:38 PM
I hope you're right.  I actually like Palin <gasp>

I dunno derspeiss.  I liked her right up until she resigned as Governor without even finishing out her term.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

I hope you're right.  I actually like Palin <gasp> but she's damaged goods after a very successful character assassination by the left.
A remarkably successful character assasination.  The left ensured that she couldn't even say which newspapers she read.
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 18, 2009, 12:40:52 PM
A remarkably successful character assasination.  The left ensured that she couldn't even say which newspapers she read.

No shit. I was actually very impressed with her after her nomination speech, but damn, she went downhill fast.

Possibly the most successful character assassination ever. The Left is very, very good. They deserve to be in charge.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

KRonn

Quote from: Berkut on November 18, 2009, 12:44:20 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 18, 2009, 12:40:52 PM

No shit. I was actually very impressed with her after her nomination speech, but damn, she went downhill fast.

Possibly the most successful character assassination ever. The Left is very, very good. They deserve to be in charge.
Mother Palin will set the record straight, starting with her book, which is already a best seller before even officially on sale.   :cool:

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: merithyn on November 17, 2009, 07:15:00 PM
Why can't the media be fascinated by people like Janet Napolitano, Linda Lingle, or Christine Gregoire?
The applicable ones are.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on November 17, 2009, 09:47:58 PM
She didn't sink all his chances... he had no realistic chance of winning to begin with.  It was a desperate gamble that didn't pay off.  I understand why he picked her.  It's easy to laugh at him now in retrospect, of course.
Exactly.  He was gambling, because he had to.  Didn't pay off, but that the risk of that is why it is called a "gamble."

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on November 18, 2009, 04:21:30 AM
The man has a record of piss-poor judgement on everything except the surge. 

Iraq: WHOOPIE KILL KILL KILL!
Later Bush II: HUG!
War in Ossetia: OH MY GOD BOMB MOSCOW!
Palin: :wub:
Financial Crisis: Suspension of campaign, only without any kind of suspension.

Even if you were right about Obama, better a Carter than a Francisco Solano Lopez.
:lol:

Which relative does McCain remind you of, and what do you have against that relative?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2009, 04:38:50 PM

Which relative does McCain remind you of, and what do you have against that relative?
McCain was fine as a senator before his Presidential aspirations took hold, and I think he is one of the last voices of semi-moderation left in the Republican party today.

With that said, I'm glad he doesn't have any meaningful executive power. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on November 18, 2009, 05:04:31 PM
McCain was fine as a senator before his Presidential aspirations took hold, and I think he is one of the last voices of semi-moderation left in the Republican party today.

With that said, I'm glad he doesn't have any meaningful executive power.
Uncle in the Navy?

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on November 18, 2009, 11:41:45 AM
I'm convinced that she doesn't have any further political ambitions... but it would be disadvantageous for her to come out and say so because people would pay less attention to her.  I'm sure she'd like to be the next Huckabee on Fox--a role for which she'd be pretty well-suited.
I don't see that.  Huckabee comes off as someone who can always say something and move the conversation along, which is a key skill for his new job.  Palin, not so much.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on November 18, 2009, 12:44:20 PM
The key is humor.  After Palin herself, by the far the most devastating hits were delivered by Tina Fey.  Why is the Right so utterly humorless?