News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama Bows to Jap Emperor

Started by derspiess, November 14, 2009, 09:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

:lol: 

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/11/obama-emperor-akihito-japan.html

Go ahead Obamites, defend this one-- tell me it's not a bow like you did a few months ago.  Or just go on about how it's not important as long as it makes the world "like" us (or Obama).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

citizen k

Admiral Yi

You're supposed to keep your back straight.

katmai

Derspicy is incapable of trolling.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

katmai

But the real question, would Obama kneel before Zod :nerd:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Faeelin

I know it's silly, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if a President punched the Emperor after shouting "Remember Pearl Harbor!" at him.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Habbaku

"Jap"?  Might as well put "nigger" in the title, too.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DisturbedPervert

What an idiot.  Everyone knows the proper protocol when meeting Japanese leaders is to vomit upon them.

Kleves

Maybe he's just bowing so that he can more easily look the emperor in the face. The dude does just barely come up to Obama's belt.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Zanza

I usually don't care much about symbolism, but as head of state he should not bow to other head of states.