And we're back!

Main Menu

King's Bounty - The Legend

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 02:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

... is available on Gamersgate for 9.99

I finally broke down.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I thought about getting this, but the reviews didn't sound so lovely.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2009, 01:17:19 PM
I thought about getting this, but the reviews didn't sound so lovely.

There's a demo if you want to see for yourself. I loved the original, so there's a nostalgia element going on here for me. Still, if you enjoyed the HOMM games I'd think this would easily be worth your $10.

I Killed Kenny

I liked it.. I would advice anyone to download it.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Syt on March 29, 2009, 02:09:38 AM

Apparently not anymore. I just looked and it was $29.99.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Syt

Quote from: Ancient Demon on April 04, 2009, 01:28:20 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 29, 2009, 02:09:38 AM

Apparently not anymore. I just looked and it was $29.99.

It was a weekend offer, I guess.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Which is good as I saved money. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

vinraith

I've been playing for a few hours and I'm impressed. It bears at best a passing resemblance to the original, it's more like a parallel universe version of the HOMM series where it was developed as an RPG with strategic elements instead of the other way around. The map is enormous, the combat is entertaining, and the quests/dialogue are frequently just the right kind of weirdly funny we've come to expect from Russian developers.

In short, I approve.

DisturbedPervert

I really liked the demo version of this and will probably pick it up.  The camera angle was quite awkward though, made it kind of difficult to play.

CountDeMoney

$9.99?  Still has to drop a bit for fahdiz.

vinraith

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 13, 2009, 01:20:49 AM
I really liked the demo version of this and will probably pick it up.  The camera angle was quite awkward though, made it kind of difficult to play.

You can tilt it up to near-vertical and zoom out a fair bit, which helps. 3D cameras are almost always a pain, but I haven't noticed it being a greater impediment than in other similar games.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2009, 05:56:19 AM

lolz.

Actually, that's a very good price.  I just don't have time to play it.
and the horse you rode in on

vinraith

Quote from: fahdiz on April 13, 2009, 06:11:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2009, 05:56:19 AM

lolz.

Actually, that's a very good price.  I just don't have time to play it.

It was a weekend sale, so it's long gone anyway.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: vinraith on April 13, 2009, 04:32:38 PM
You can tilt it up to near-vertical and zoom out a fair bit, which helps. 3D cameras are almost always a pain, but I haven't noticed it being a greater impediment than in other similar games.

It wouldn't zoom out quite far enough for my liking.  I was playing at the lowest resolution because my computer is old, so maybe it's better at higher ones.

vinraith

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 14, 2009, 12:47:48 AM
Quote from: vinraith on April 13, 2009, 04:32:38 PM

It wouldn't zoom out quite far enough for my liking.  I was playing at the lowest resolution because my computer is old, so maybe it's better at higher ones.

Ah, that's probably the difference. I'm a stickler for camera zooms (the default on in Dawn of War used to drive me insane until I found the camera fix) but this one seems ok.