South's declining relevence on the federal level

Started by Lettow77, November 11, 2009, 11:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:yes:  Texas is most definitely NOT The South.  Texas is Texas. :alberta:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 11, 2009, 11:09:43 PM
or the CSU in Germany: angry revanchists with appropriate representation, but never again in a position of national leadership. (And thank their God for that!)
:lmfao: Angry revanchists? WTF? And the CSU is currently in a position of national leadership, being part of the government coalition.

citizen k

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2009, 02:27:14 PM
:yes:  Texas is most definitely NOT The South.  Texas is Texas. :alberta:

Confederacy= South, West begins at El Paso. ;)

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

Oh, its greater than .05%, Caliga. Given the right conditions, it could reach 30% or so. For now, I think it poops around 1-2%.

Still, i'm going to have the last laugh. While my country may be consigned to chains because of its lack of a national consciousness, I will do a great service for my country. Look for me to go down in history- I will do something to further the cause of Southern independence if it is the death of me.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

If I stay in this. country, brain, I promise. But there's always emmigration to derail me from serving my nation, unfortunately. And the depressing obligations that come of being a familied man, later in life.

Still, I think I can awaken national consciousness in my state. We may eventually hope for a role akin to the PQ.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 12, 2009, 04:29:44 PM
If I stay in this. country, brain, I promise. But there's always emmigration to derail me from serving my nation, unfortunately. And the depressing obligations that come of being a familied man, later in life.

Still, I think I can awaken national consciousness in my state. We may eventually hope for a role akin to the PQ.

You may eventually hope for another dinner roll, but it doesn't mean you'll be getting one.   :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 12, 2009, 04:24:57 PM
Oh, its greater than .05%, Caliga. Given the right conditions, it could reach 30% or so. For now, I think it poops around 1-2%.

You got a source for that?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

It's believable if the poll includes 12 year olds.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on November 12, 2009, 05:32:01 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on November 12, 2009, 04:24:57 PM

You got a source for that?

kraft foods.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Lettow77

Yeah, BB, I do.
http://books.google.com/books?id=qcZn6f0CEnAC&pg=PA76&lpg=PA76&dq=poll+favouring+southern+independence&source=bl&ots=5VRDUcss-A&sig=tS-7SyNCZGmOlmxajldR_yBPG4M&hl=en&ei=P5L8SqTwEMWHnQfG1_iNBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBMQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=&f=false

the Odum institute regularly polls 12% favouring independence if it could be peacefully gained. Another book I recently read, I think it was called the psychology of sectionalism, found around 8%. Of course, I undershot these results to be more believable for my languish audience, but thank you for asking. :)