And we're back!

Main Menu

The Gathering Storm Audiobook

Started by Slargos, October 29, 2009, 06:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on October 29, 2009, 02:06:27 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2009, 06:11:29 AM
I hope all you illegal-download piratetards get so many viruses, your dicks snap off.
Three words:  Erin.  Andrews.  Video.  You seemed fine with pirating for that. :contract:

That didn't violate any copyright laws, just privacy laws.  I'm fine with that.  :P

Ape

Quote from: Cecil on October 29, 2009, 02:42:31 PM

Yeah now the great rambler went 6 feet in the ground the damn thing is picking up steam fast.
Yup  :yes: I don't know why, but I really enjoyed the chapters with Egwene, earlier I haven't but there was something different about them  :nerd: but I also enjoyed the chapters with Rand less  :Embarrass:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ape on October 29, 2009, 05:35:23 PM
Quote from: Cecil on October 29, 2009, 02:42:31 PM

Yeah now the great rambler went 6 feet in the ground the damn thing is picking up steam fast.
Yup  :yes: I don't know why, but I really enjoyed the chapters with Egwene, earlier I haven't but there was something different about them  :nerd: but I also enjoyed the chapters with Rand less  :Embarrass:
Well the man is going horribly mad.

My Mom is shipping me my copy to Korea today. I have to wait a whole week, and I won't have the internet until the first week of November so I won't be able to download the audiobook. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ape

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2009, 06:42:59 PM

Well the man is going horribly mad.

My Mom is shipping me my copy to Korea today. I have to wait a whole week, and I won't have the internet until the first week of November so I won't be able to download the audiobook. :(

You want some spoilers?

Well I'll give you some

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
SPOLIERS

Rand channels.
Mat dices and says "Bloody ahses"
Nynaeve yanks her braid

:P

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

DisturbedPervert

Do they not have engrish bookstores there?

Is this the last book?  I stopped at #4, but if this ends it maybe I'll pick it up.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 29, 2009, 06:58:47 PM

Do they not have engrish bookstores there?

Is this the last book?  I stopped at #4, but if this ends it maybe I'll pick it up.
I preordered the book before I knew I was going to Korea.

#12 out of a projected 14. Why stop at 4? That was my favorite book in the series.

I think my list stands at 4,6,11,9,5,3,1,2,8,7,10. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

The Great Hunt was the best, followed by whatever the fuck 4 was named.  Its been so long the rest blend together, although the Lord of Chaos wasn't as bad
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Viking on October 29, 2009, 08:37:18 AM
I predict 300 pages of women babbling.
And don't forget braid-yanking.

Or has it changed since the woman-hater died?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

The book is plot heavy, Sanderson sticks to Jordans way of writing, so it is a WoT book. It's good writing handiwork. But as with all the other books Rand gets less and less interesting and Mat and Perrin get more and more interesting. Women wise, they all get more irritating and less plausible.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

It was excellent! Definitely somewhere in my top three for the series.  :)

1 Karma Chameleon point