News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Earth Hour 2009

Started by Weatherman, March 28, 2009, 09:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

vinraith

I'm trying to see the point, but someone's turned out the lights.

BuddhaRhubarb

I often watch TV or a movie with the lights off anyway. no big deal.
:p

Mr.Penguin

heh. I will save more by turning of my TV and computer than by turning of the light...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PRC

There is a Flames game on during that hour.  Last year Calgary's energy consumption went up during the hour.

FunkMonk

Hooray for Earth Hour! Can't wait for next year! :cheers:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Fireblade

Fuck no. Winter 2007-2008, I was too poor to afford heat. And when my roommate fucked me over paying the bill and the power company taking FUCKING FOREVER to turn it back on, I didn't have electricity for about a week and a half on top of that. Not to mention, I didn't have money to pay for gas to go anywhere. Yeah, it was a shitty winter.

So I think I get a pass.

If these fucks really gave a shit about protecting the environment, they'd quit driving so much, plant a garden, and do all the other shit you do to cut down on energy usage.

FunkMonk

Every hour should be Earth Hour.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2009, 12:42:27 AM
I did it!

By accident?  ...Or by design, were you even at home during the hour? 

crazy canuck

The CC household did it.  Having come candles out was fun but the effect was diminished somewhat by the glare of lights from our neighbours.

Martinus

I was out shopping at the time. When I got back home I realised, ashamed, that I left the lights on.  :Embarrass: