And we're back!

Main Menu

Swedish Sexual education

Started by Ape, November 04, 2009, 10:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2009, 12:17:52 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2009, 12:15:27 PM
When I was a kid I didn't know anal sex existed.

So only because you (or for that fact, most of us) were raised in homophobic ignorance, today's kids should suffer the same? I am not sure I get your point.

I didn't know a clitoris existed either...I guess I was raised in heterophobic ignorance.

Seriously as a kid I didn't care about sex and found romance pretty nauseating.  Men could have been having anal sex right and left and I never would have noticed or cared.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2009, 12:15:01 PM
Quote from: Grallon on November 04, 2009, 12:13:12 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2009, 12:07:44 PM

I explained why stop there - because anal sex is for gay people the equivalent of vaginal sex for straight people. Unless you propose that sex ed. should be for straight people only, it seems pretty sensible to tell kids the basics about gay sex as well.

Especially since this is an exploration phase for many.  Anything can be said if its done in the proper way.  Besides any sexed is better than the prudish denials that 'kids' (read 14+) dont have a sexual life we hear so often in North America.

I should move to Sweden and become a teacher  :P

G.

Comments in this thread are kinda a chilling reminder why gay men face so much homophobia, considering people see anal sex as a foible at best, or an equivalent to sticking gerbils up your anus at worst.

why keep bringing up gerbil imagery marti? not exactly a common sexual practice for any orientation, anywhere.

That said, you are right to say there should be a general education of safe sex for all your basic moves, vaginal, anal, oral.... (Fetishes maybe as electives only :p)

The media (would they lie to me?) tells me actually though that many straight teens have been having more anal, and oral than any of us as teens ever thought was possible. Because they are so misinformed by "abstinence only" educations and repressed South Park style parenting that they think somehow they can have anal & oral and still be "virgins". :bleeding:

:p

Grallon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on November 04, 2009, 01:17:14 PM

The media (would they lie to me?) tells me actually though that many straight teens have been having more anal, and oral than any of us as teens ever thought was possible. ...

To think my first anal session came when I was 24 - almost 10 years wasted! :cry:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

ulmont

they are so misinformed by "abstinence only" educations and repressed South Park style parenting that they think somehow they can have anal & oral and still be "virgins". :bleeding:

And "The Stand", if I remember correctly.

Jacob

I approve of what the Swedes are doing.  That is, the teachers, not the retarded "I wish there were more American style social conservatives in Sweden" guy.

MadImmortalMan

Marty turned a thread about sex ed into one about gay rights. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

why keep bringing up gerbil imagery marti? not exactly a common sexual practice for any orientation, anywhere.

I didn't bring it up! It was Josephus. I am just harping at it because it is so ridiculous to compare anal sex (which is the primary sexual practice for gay men) and gerbil-ing.

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2009, 02:37:26 PM
Marty turned a thread about sex ed into one about gay rights. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.  :P

One is linked to the other. Sexual education is very often used to enforce heteronormative and/or conservative viewpoints. This is something that directly harms gay rights movement.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2009, 02:49:37 PM

One is linked to the other. Sexual education is very often used to enforce heteronormative and/or conservative viewpoints. This is something that directly harms gay rights movement.

"Doctor Heteronormative" makes a good villian name.  :D

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1526
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2009, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2009, 12:17:52 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2009, 12:15:27 PM
When I was a kid I didn't know anal sex existed.

So only because you (or for that fact, most of us) were raised in homophobic ignorance, today's kids should suffer the same? I am not sure I get your point.

I didn't know a clitoris existed either...I guess I was raised in heterophobic ignorance.

Seriously as a kid I didn't care about sex and found romance pretty nauseating.  Men could have been having anal sex right and left and I never would have noticed or cared.

The thing with sex ed. is that it is like the anti-HPV vaccine - kids should be getting it before they actually start having sex so they are prepared for risks and dangers of it. Sure, they may find it funny or uninteresting at the time, but once their hormones kick in, they will know what to do (and more importantly, what not to do).

Gay boys getting STDs because they weren't taught how to have safe anal sex (which DOES involve knowing you have to do it with lube) because someone thought it is silly or stupid to tell them, sounds like a rather poor excuse to me - unless of course one acts out of an anti-gay animus.

For the record - I am not accusing you of it, just commenting/making a point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on November 04, 2009, 02:52:28 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 04, 2009, 02:49:37 PM

"Doctor Heteronormative" makes a good villian name.  :D

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1526
:lol:

Malthus

"Dr. Heteronormative: the grit in the vaseline of good anal sex education."

Hey, kids like comic books; might not be a bad method of sex ed.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

I skipped this from the end of page 1 where Marty started to build up his rage in order to make this a gay issue thread. Did he succeed?

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on November 04, 2009, 03:02:05 PM
I skipped this from the end of page 1 where Marty started to build up his rage in order to make this a gay issue thread. Did he succeed?

Does the heteronormative bear have vaginal sex in the woods?