News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Did you ever regret drinking too much?

Started by viper37, November 02, 2009, 02:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

It seems I have reach that point in life...

I used to live in town, near the bars.  I used to drink a lot trough the week-end.  Always tought I remembered everything.

Last week-end, after the show, we went to a night club in Quebec city called "Le Palace".  Great place. Pretty girls in costumes for the Halloween.  Paradise.

So, anyway, my friends goes to grab a few beers.  The barmaid recognize him as she's from our hometown.  He doesn't.  He tells me, I go see her, she also remembers me from the bar I used to hang out.  She used to work there.  The bar closed at least 5 years ago, so we left a memorable impression on her...  She's cute, and I didn't remember her... worst is, after the show I shouted so much that I could barely speak...

Fuck.  She remembers me after 5 fucking years.  When I tell people I used to know every barmaid in town, they laugh at me, they think I'm joking.  Well, it seems there is one girl, Geneviève, wich I forgot.  Have to get back to Quebec city.  I need her phone, as soon as I can speak and breath correctly.

I think I'll quit drinking.  That way, I'll at least remember the girls I meet.

EDIT: Make it 8-9 years. She was in a Miss Hawaian Tropic bikini shoot while she was working at the bar, and that was around 2000-2001...  Shit, I do make an impression on barmaids...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

I never regret drinking too much. I often, however, regret having drunk too much.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on November 02, 2009, 02:15:22 PM

I think I'll quit drinking.  That way, I'll at least remember the girls I meet.

Sometimes it's better not to remember some you meet. 

It's happened to me a few times to black out and lose memories but normally I keep to one bottle of wine while having diner and that's fine.  Except last night I had 2 - and today a massive hangover.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

No, except for the one time I drank so much in college I had a three-day hangover. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Josquius

Regretting drinking too much is one of the standard phases of drinking,.
Not in the way this thread is saying but...more generally.

I often find I have a problem with being memorable though. It sucks. When I went into one of the student offices to see about some paperwork last month the guy working there was the same one who sorted me out last year- I'd been nothing special, had no odd requests, hadn't had a good conversation with him, nothing. Yet he remembered me.
And towards the end of last year I had one or two instances of introducing myself to people who said they'd already met me...in one memorable one I even cracked the same joke 2nd time around.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

No except that time that I lost my shoes. It was also in Quebec city.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 02, 2009, 02:37:59 PM
No except that time that I lost my shoes. It was also in Quebec city.
It's gotta be something in the water... ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Faeelin

I've had hangovers, but I have never blacked out at a bar. And never done anything I regret while drunk.

FunkMonk

Most I've ever done while drunk is lick a stripper's ass and puke in a trash can on a crowded club dance floor (two different occasions). Also, spent a couple hours hugging a toilet bowl in a club and being kicked out into a dark alley on my own. Piddling stuff.
So no, I don't regret ever drinking too much.  :beer: :beer:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

I always regretted it, as I was allergic to alcohol.  Whenever I drank, I broke out into ugly chicks.