News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009 Official Thread

Started by Strix, March 10, 2009, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Columbus haven't collapsed into a bloody heap yet. yay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

:-X Canucks have started a bandwagon with their recent hot play. The East is gonna fall hard, whichever Western team ends up in the final.
:p

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Evil Spock

Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 13, 2009, 01:08:38 PM

You guys should be very pleased with the Blue Jacket's performance. They've exceeded all expectations.

Evil Spock

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 01:55:55 PM
:-X Canucks have started a bandwagon with their recent hot play. The East is gonna fall hard, whichever Western team ends up in the final.

Every day on the 1040 it swings back and forth. Agree on the East, they just can't compete with the West. Despite their record I don't see Boston in the final, will most likely be Detroit/New Jersey.

saskganesh

Canucks fans are among the worst. its either "blow it all up now and tank!" vrs "win today, fuck tomorrow!"
humans were created in their own image

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 13, 2009, 01:55:55 PM
The Canucks are a bunch of assholes.  They're a western version of the Maple Leafs.  Sundin just confirms it.  Barring a meltdown they'll make the playoffs, but they're too worthless to advance.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Evil Spock on March 13, 2009, 02:17:59 PM
Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 13, 2009, 01:08:38 PM

You guys should be very pleased with the Blue Jacket's performance. They've exceeded all expectations.

It was about time. I think the fan base was getting disgruntled.

Evil Spock

Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 13, 2009, 05:33:25 PM

As well they should. But management finally went out and got Rick Nash some help. I really hope you guys make the playoffs this year, just not at the Canuck's expense of course.  ;D That Mason goalie of yours has really impressed, I wonder if he can keep it up for the big show and next season.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Evil Spock on March 13, 2009, 05:50:58 PM
Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 13, 2009, 05:33:25 PM

As well they should. But management finally went out and got Rick Nash some help. I really hope you guys make the playoffs this year, just not at the Canuck's expense of course.  ;D That Mason goalie of yours has really impressed, I wonder if he can keep it up for the big show and next season.

They ditched Leclaire, so he better deliver.

Zoupa

Grey Fox

Fucking Saku Koivu, 4 more years :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Benedict Arnold

Hod.  The Sabres have been in free fall for too long now.  I think the plaoff window is about to shut on them. :(  On a side topic, what are your thoughts on Ovechkin's antics?  Personally, I like it.  I think.  I go between hating it and loving it, but at the moment I'm for them.

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 21, 2009, 01:52:29 AM
On a side topic, what are your thoughts on Ovechkin's antics?  Personally, I like it.  I think.  I go between hating it and loving it, but at the moment I'm for them.
I think it's hillarious watching the sports media blasting him, but I don't really care.  It's no worse than riding the stick.  Since it was something of a milestone goal, it's not so bad, although it would get old if guys were doing this all the time.  If the opposing team didn't want to be disrespected, they shouldn't have let him come in 1-on-3 and then beat the goalie.

As for the Habs, their inability to play hard for a whole game, coupled with Price's sophomore slump are getting on my nerves, as is Calgary's determination to lose as much as possible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Just as long as it doesn't become a soccer style homo ass grab, Ovechkin is alright.