News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Starcraft 2: It's alive!

Started by viper37, October 30, 2009, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: Fate on March 06, 2010, 06:29:11 PM
Beta keys are going for $200-$400 on ebay/craigslist. I'd sell that shit if I got one.  :lol:

Same
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Vince

Quote from: Syt on October 31, 2009, 06:12:44 AM
Quote from: Zanza on October 31, 2009, 06:06:55 AM
Who are the Southerners in StarCraft? The Zerg?

The confederitard hoomins, of course.

Ironic that Lettow's favorite game has the Confederacy going down in flames.

stjaba

Quote from: Fate on March 06, 2010, 06:29:11 PM
Beta keys are going for $200-$400 on ebay/craigslist. I'd sell that shit if I got one.  :lol:

:bash: :bash: :bash:

WHY DID I KNOW THIS  4 hours ago :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

-----------

Edit: I actually don't know if I would have been able to sell my access- the people on ebay appear to be selling beta access cards they got at blizzard fan fests- I was invited because I "opted" in. It would probably be harder for me to sell whatever an invite. Also, it is almost definitely a breach of contract to do so. Although it is unlikely that I would actually be sued if Blizzard found out that I sold my invite, as a first year law student, I would not want to expose myself to legal liability.

Alcibiades

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 30, 2009, 07:59:10 PM
There are some mutliplayer battle reports on youtube that are really interesting.  Really looking forward to this, although I'm sure just like in Warcraft 3 most online games will involve me getting raped by Koreans.

#4 part 1  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8waUab_1pg
part 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFNyg_EsJdA&feature=related

#3  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruGonoCrql4

Thanks, been watching a few of these.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Lettow77

It is, indeed, lettow's favourite game.

The confederacy deserved to go down in flames. They became THE MAN in the first series. Then the sons of korhal did- and now raynor is the hero, representing ruralism, decentralization and defiance of authoritarian tyranny.

heee :wub:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

stjaba

Played in my first couple games. To learn a little bit about the game, I played a few practice games against the computer. There's no tutorial or anything like that either. Anyways, in both my games it was clearly the opponents first time playing so it was a walkover. One annoying thing is that a lot of the maps have an anti-rushing feature- rocks that block your path to the opponent's base. You have to attack them for a minute or two before you can get through. I guess it's good for newbs, but it's tedious attacking several sets of rocks just to attack the other guy's base.

-----

Edit another cool thing is that games go by relatively quickly- much faster than War3. I won both my games in like 12 minutes.

Alcibiades

Played it, very enjoyable.  Exactly like the old one with new stuffz.

DisturbedPervert

I'm filled with INTERNET RAGE that you guys have beta keys and I don't

Fate

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing an open beta in a few months so they can truly stress test battle.net and open up a more diverse testing base. D2 was closed for a while but eventually opened up to the masses.

Alcibiades

Dont have a beta key ;)

I'm just playing against the AI, wasn't as difficult as I thought it may be to get it to work.

Strix

Stopped at Game Stop for the new Battlefield and they were already taking pre-orders for it.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

MadImmortalMan

Yep. This and Diablo 3 are already on sale for pre-order. I'm thinking of making a stock play on Activision-Blizzard's next couple earnings announcements.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers