News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you buy a PS2 today?

Started by Alatriste, October 29, 2009, 02:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

What the title says. My ancient PS2 is starting to show its age and I wonder if I should buy a new one (they are quite cheap and just the smaller volume makes them tempting) or wait for a suitable emulator.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Duque de Bragança

I think I'll buy a new one for Christmas since they are so cheap nowadays (100 euros) and can be easily chip-moded for 50 euros more.

Grey Fox

Yes, it's 99$. If you still use it, it's well worth it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

I'd buy. Unless you have a really high end computer, you'll likely have trouble emulating the PS2 - PSX emulators still have lots of trouble with slowdowns and game incompatibilities.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Do you still play many PS2 games?

Do you have any other consoles?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

My PS2 is getting quite annoying disk read errors lately too meaning I may have to buy a new one before too long...
The trouble is the new models are apparently uber hard to chip and a bunch of my games are US imports.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

PS2 is the greatest console ever made.  I need to replace mine too, disks aren't being read right and it takes forever to get it working.  If they hadn't removed backwards compatibility in the PS3 I'd get that instead.

derspiess

Yeah, I'd probably buy one just to have.  Mine is still chugging along okay.  Odd that the hard drive I installed in it is bigger than the hard drive in my 360 :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Heck no.  I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me for free, except maybe to sell it at a profit.

Alatriste

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2009, 11:05:40 AM
Do you still play many PS2 games?

Do you have any other consoles?

Yes.

Yes (Wii and PS3, Microsoft is too evil for words)