News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 8: The League Strikes Back

Started by CountDeMoney, October 27, 2009, 06:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I'd just like to see Slaton have another big receiving game & eclipse his season rushing yard totals with receiving yards.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on October 30, 2009, 12:28:12 AM
I'd just like to see Slaton have another big receiving game & eclipse his season rushing yard totals with receiving yards.

I haven't really looked, but the Bills rush D apparently sucks pretty badly, while their pass D isn't too bad.  This might actually be one where he can put up some numbers on the ground.  Might be nice for Schaub not to have to throw the ball 50 times for once (exaggerating of course...they continue to run the ball a fairly normal amount of times, it's just that they aren't getting any sort of yardage out of it).

CountDeMoney

QuoteGREEN BAY, Wis. - A future Hall of Fame quarterback donning the uniform of a bitter enemy and coming back to face his old team...

Can you imagine?

Troy Aikman can. Because it almost happened with him.

Seven years ago - when Brett Favre (right) was entrenched as the leader of the Packers - Aikman, a Cowboys icon, almost came out of retirement to play for the hated Eagles.

Aikman, who will be in the Fox booth for Sunday's Vikings-Packers game, said that in 2002 - after Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was injured - he was contacted while broadcasting a game and asked to replace him.

"All of a sudden a producer says in my ear, 'Hey, I need you to call somebody at halftime,' " Aikman, then 35, recalled. "He gave me a number and said, 'It's (Eagles coach) Andy Reid.'

"So I went to bed that night and said, 'I can wake up tomorrow and spend a nice couple of days in Santa Barbara. Or I can be in frigid Philadelphia getting my brains kicked in.' "

The next day, he called Reid and politely declined the offer.

CountDeMoney

6 1/2 fucking hours to wait before the Ravens take Orton and those upstart Broncos down a notch.

Some snow bunny niggas are going to get their caps twisted off today.

Syt

I'm getting Giants@Eagles and Minnessota@Green Bay today.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

I am stuck with the Broncos-Ravens/Hawks-Cowgirls for 1st game and the Vikes-Pack for 2nd.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

I have to watch the damn Seachickens again.  This is one of the very few times I will pull for the Cowgirls to win.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: Schaub is so slow.  When he has to take off and run it's like he's in slowmo, while everyone else is moving regular speed.  Don't know how he manages to get away so often.

Neil

Jared Gaither is back from that neck injury.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

I'm watching Winnipeg at Montreal.  :Canuck:

And Montreal fumbles on the opening kickoff. :w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

And the refs still haven't forgiven the Ravens.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey look Steve Slaton fumbled the ball again.

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 01, 2009, 01:41:17 PM
Hey look Steve Slaton fumbled the ball again.

That guy is killing my fantasy team.

Neil

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on November 01, 2009, 01:42:12 PM
That guy is killing my fantasy team.

Bench the dude.  Hopefully the Texans will do the same for a couple of games.  And whoever has Owen Daniels...welp....that's a pretty big wrap they have on that knee of his.

Edit: They've put Slaton on the bench, and have started giving Ryan Moats the ball.  Result: 6 rushes for 40 yards, 1 catch for 20 yards. vOv