Bush family political heir is shipping off to war

Started by citizen k, October 27, 2009, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Iormlund on October 27, 2009, 08:56:29 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2009, 03:26:40 AM
Quote from: citizen k on October 27, 2009, 02:58:14 AM
According to Marty, only the dregs of society join the military in Europe. In the U.S. the political elites join to pad their resumes.

That's why Europe is vulnerable to a country of 150 million and falling, with a mediocre economy.

Having problems with the flux capacitor, are we?

And yes, only after failing at everything else you join the military.

:rolleyes:

I don't know how conditions are in Spain, but you certainly can't speak for every country in Europe.

In Sweden, getting into and surviving officer training requires you to be not only intelligent but also personally capable. With many of the new technologies a high degree of education and skill is required above and beyond what is necessary to command troops, run a ship or stick a servo motor on two pieces of scrap metal and call it a robot.

Your disgust of the military is of course no surprise given how you commutards think.

Razgovory

And the Swedes have led so many men into battle over these past 100 years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Jaron on October 27, 2009, 08:26:13 AM
Its not too late for little Jaron to go off to war. :o

You are too much of a pussy for that.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

That Bush dude joined the Navy Reserve?

Does that really counts?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on October 27, 2009, 11:54:49 AM
And the Swedes have led so many men into battle over these past 100 years.

:huh:

What does that have to do with anything?

You're making even less sense than usual.

KRonn

Quote from: Siege on October 27, 2009, 12:02:47 PM
That Bush dude joined the Navy Reserve?

Does that really counts?
I'd say so. My understanding is that the current military structure intends for reserve units to be activated for duty to fill out the regular forces. So the reserves get a lot more active duty time, especially the more that the regular military is deployed?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on October 27, 2009, 12:03:54 PM

It made perfect sense. Of course, it was a purely gratuitous insult, but you should be used to those.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2009, 03:26:40 AM
Quote from: citizen k on October 27, 2009, 02:58:14 AM
According to Marty, only the dregs of society join the military in Europe. In the U.S. the political elites join to pad their resumes.

That's why Europe is vulnerable to a country of 150 million and falling, with a mediocre economy.

Unlike the US which has terrorist attacks on its soil claiming thousands of lives and the economy in shambles.

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2009, 12:21:06 PM
Quote from: Slargos on October 27, 2009, 12:03:54 PM

It made perfect sense. Of course, it was a purely gratuitous insult, but you should be used to those.

He didn't insult me. He didn't add to the thread.

I'm still at a loss as to the point of his post, not to mention his existance.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 27, 2009, 12:25:01 PM
Unlike the US which has terrorist attacks on its soil claiming thousands of lives and the economy in shambles.

See, if you read the whole thread before posting this you'd know that I wasn't saying anything about Europe's economy.

Terrorists are a risk to individual lives, but neither our country or yours(which also has terrorist attacks) is going to implode from terrorists. Russia is a threat to Europe. Not as great a threat as 20 years ago, sure, but still a threat. AQ and the Taliban aren't a threat to any Western nation.

Slargos- whether you found it insulting or not, Raz obviously meant it that way.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2009, 12:38:00 PM

See, if you read the whole thread before posting this you'd know that I wasn't saying anything about Europe's economy.

Terrorists are a risk to individual lives, but neither our country or yours(which also has terrorist attacks) is going to implode from terrorists. Russia is a threat to Europe. Not as great a threat as 20 years ago, sure, but still a threat. AQ and the Taliban aren't a threat to any Western nation.

Slargos- whether you found it insulting or not, Raz obviously meant it that way.  :lol:

There is no doubt about that. I maintain that for a statement or act to be labeled an insult, there has to be intent and acceptance.

Only in barbaric third world honour cultures can a statement be an insult when no offense was intended, or when the subject of the purposed slight does not feel insulted.

"Your mother is a whore" for instance, is popular among the coloured segments of Swedish society, but since it in most cases is a clearly false statement, it becomes meaningless.

If I do not become insulted, there is no insult.

Of course, I cannot expect you barbaric and emotion-controlled Americans to understand a concept like this.  :bowler:

Valmy

So Russia > the US eh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sahib

Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

Quote from: Slargos on October 27, 2009, 12:51:06 PM

There is no doubt about that. I maintain that for a statement or act to be labeled an insult, there has to be intent and acceptance.

Only in barbaric third world honour cultures can a statement be an insult when no offense was intended, or when the subject of the purposed slight does not feel insulted.

"Your mother is a whore" for instance, is popular among the coloured segments of Swedish society, but since it in most cases is a clearly false statement, it becomes meaningless.

If I do not become insulted, there is no insult.

Of course, I cannot expect you barbaric and emotion-controlled Americans to understand a concept like this.  :bowler:
:yes: One can only be insulted in one chooses to be.