News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Your Contact with Hard Drugs

Started by Admiral Yi, March 27, 2009, 06:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

most of the above, some others and even done stuff that's not even illegal yet. while I am open to experimentation, I usually just stick to the classics.

I was never interested in heroin or anything to do with injecting. a big core of my cohort in my 20's became junkies when it got cheap, and I know two (offhand) who od'ed at a very young age. some of the others kicked the habit, others just faded away in dark basements over time. one survivor has to live with hep B.

humans were created in their own image

Legbiter

I once fought for my life against 3 drunk & speeded up assholes in a back alley.

I won...barely.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

I don't associate with users of hard drugs.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Dated women who was fighting meth addiction.
Known a few heroin addicts
My cousin fought a crack addiction 20 years ago.

Cocaine and pot were common usage amongst some former roommates.

But never tried any of it. Well except the pot.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Have a friend who is a recovering heroin addict. And another who used to smoke pot. Personally never touched any controlled substance other than liquor (yes, this includes never smoking a single cigarette - can't stand the shit).

Oh, I tried poppers, once. Got dizzy.

Fireblade

PDH

Back in the olden days I am pretty sure I tried a variety of substances that led me to focus my study away from class and more on the partying - then I flunked out of college.  After I decided to end that, I returned to school and did quite a bit better.

I still think the worse was strong drink which led me to licentious women.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Viking

I know people who have been on hard drugs and jailed for use and distribution. I've never stayed friends once I found out, but I have used them to get hash/dope/whatever it's called where you are.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2009, 08:44:59 PM

Gave me a headache and I hate the fucking taste it leaves (via the nasal passages) :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

My best friend from high school pretty much tried everything except heroin.  He never used anything heavier than pot on a regular basis, AFAIK, and I'm not even sure he uses that anymore.

Had a roommate in college who did coke and heroin.

Have had a bunch of casual aquaintainces in school and at work who were into God knows what.

Know a lot of people who've had problems with abuse of OTC medications--those don't really count as hard drugs, but some of them probably should.

DontSayBanana

Personally, never experimented. Had a close friend in high school who moved up from pot to coke, and made friends at work with a former crack/coke user who was ramping down on clinical methadone. Other than that, it's hard to find people in this county who don't claim to have done pot.
Experience bij!

Syt

No acquaintance that I know of.

Seen people shooting themselves in Hamburg, and once a junkie dropped all his (fortunately wrapped) needles on the subway train here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2009, 11:08:51 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2009, 08:44:59 PM

Gave me a headache and I hate the fucking taste it leaves (via the nasal passages) :x
Yeah. Same here. I guess we are just too bitter - we don't get high, we get sick. :P

Monoriu

I've never come into contact with drugs.  Don't personally know anyone in real life who has admitted to using them. 

Only people I know of who use them are you guys  :lol: