News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009-10 Hoops: Yo, mah Jordans, nigga

Started by CountDeMoney, October 25, 2009, 09:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Wright State is a respectable 14-8, with the most vile enemy coming up....Butler.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

WVU bitchslapped Pitt last night to remain in contention for the Big East title.  When they slipped a few weeks ago, I didn't think they would make it back inside the top 10 before the NCAA tourney, but to my surprise they are now back to: #6.

The student section is doing their part: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4881299  :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Scipio

Oh Hoyas, you are so beautiful.  Especially when breaking No. 2 Nova over your knee like a little bitch.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

Lovely, lovely game.  I'm particularly happy with the development of the younger frontcourt players.

katmai

So if there was anyway Udub could host pac-10 tourney and oh i don't know all of the NCAA they might have a chance. but as it is will have to be content with the sweep of the Arizona schools and hope they can finally win one on the road to take a tie of first this Thur vs Cal.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2010, 09:47:22 AM
Wright State is a respectable 14-8, with the most vile enemy coming up....Butler.  :yuk:

Evil won on national TV.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on February 07, 2010, 12:31:41 AM
So if there was anyway Udub could host pac-10 tourney and oh i don't know all of the NCAA they might have a chance. but as it is will have to be content with the sweep of the Arizona schools and hope they can finally win one on the road to take a tie of first this Thur vs Cal.

The entire conference is just a freaking logjam.

And yeah, if UW could play every game at home with their homer refs, they would be unstoppable. What I really like about them is how much they flop, whine, and cry about calls while they shove everyone to the floor every time they are on defense.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on February 07, 2010, 09:38:42 AM

And yeah, if UW could play every game at home with their homer refs, they would be unstoppable. What I really like about them is how much they flop, whine, and cry about calls while they shove everyone to the floor every time they are on defense.

Aw is that what happened at Wazzu too?
I never would have taken you to whine about refs :lol:

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on February 07, 2010, 10:13:48 AM
Quote from: Berkut on February 07, 2010, 09:38:42 AM

Aw is that what happened at Wazzu too?
I never would have taken you to whine about refs :lol:

No, Wazzu just kicked the shit out of the Cats. Some kind of match up thing there or something. I didn't watch the game though - but clearly they didn't need any help from the stripes. UW however, barely managed a win at home when the refs sent Arizona's second best player to the bench for 33 minutes of the game.

And really, it isn't me whining about calls, it is the entire UW basketball team and Romar. Apparently it works, too - you think it is coincidence that UW is 16-1 at home, and .500 on the road? Watching Pondexter flop was around was classic UW basketball.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

.500 on road?

You give them too much credit.

More like winless away from Hec-ed.

katmai

Quote from: katmai on February 08, 2010, 04:54:46 PM
.500 on road?

You give them too much credit.

More like winless away from Hec-ed.

Like i said Berkie, too much credit as they are down 15 with about 7mins in 2nd half at Cal so they will keep that perfect road record. :P

katmai

Wow Huskies won a game on the road! :w00t:

And sure are quiet misters Yi and Scippy.

derspiess

Well, shit.  UCONN decided to put their good team out on the court tonight.  There was some awful officiating but WVU was outplayed & shot miserably from the free throw line.

WVU had better finish out strong & do well in the Big East tourney or they'll find themselves as a 5th seed or worse.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 09:03:15 PM
And sure are quiet misters Yi and Scippy.
Team's a fucking rollercoaster.  Too uneven, too shallow, too dependent on streak shooting.  I'll consider it a huge moral victory if we get to 16.

Still, you can't take out away the blowout of then #2 Nova.

CountDeMoney

This is without a doubt the most satisfying Maryland season since 2001.