Don't go naked in your own home--you might get arrested.

Started by MadImmortalMan, October 21, 2009, 04:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2009, 02:41:51 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 22, 2009, 02:39:17 PM
Because the claim of the woman is that he intentionally exposed himself.

Yes and the question is whether or not he did that or whether they just stumbled upon him accidentally.  Not whether or not he should be allowed to intentionally expose himself.

...and?

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on October 22, 2009, 02:39:17 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2009, 02:34:43 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 22, 2009, 02:31:20 PM
Adults who flash children most certainly have sexual issues with children.

Why are we even arguing about this?  I don't think anybody has said flashing children, or anybody for that matter, is a good thing to do.

Because the claim of the woman is that he intentionally exposed himself.

Did she? The story you posted doesn't say.

QuoteSPRINGFIELD, Va. - The woman who reported to police that a man in a Springfield home exposed himself to her and her son has a different story than what Eric Williamson has told to local media.  The woman told police it was 8:40 a.m. when she was walking her son to school along a path between houses. She said they first spotted Williamson naked in an open door in the car port of his home.
She also told police that Williamson then walked across the house to a large window, facing the way she was walking.

The implication may be that the exposure was intentional, because he was facing the way she was walking and according to her it was daylight, but that's about it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

I dunno, sure seems to be that is what she is saying...and if she isn't making such a claim, how could there even be a charge?

And come on - you are splitting hairs..."The woman who reported to police that a man in a Springfield home exposed himself to her and her son".

sure sounds like she is claiming he exposed himself to her intentionally.

0 rows returned

Barrister

From my training last summer, one psychiatrist mentioned that people who get off on exposing themselves (I forget the term, but I bet someone here knows it) typically do so in an environment where they can claim some kind of deniability.  In other words, in situations just like this.

That certainly doesnèt prove this guy intended to do it, but just raising it as a factor.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2009, 02:49:55 PM
From my training last summer, one psychiatrist mentioned that people who get off on exposing themselves (I forget the term, but I bet someone here knows it) typically do so in an environment where they can claim some kind of deniability.  In other words, in situations just like this.

That certainly doesnèt prove this guy intended to do it, but just raising it as a factor.

LOL, CANADA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

After that, did they tell you that shoplifters typically steal where they think they can get away with it?   :lmfao:

Berkut

Seems like it would be very difficult to actually get a conviction though - kind of be one word against another, and how do you prove he intended to expose himself, outside the guy doing so on the street or something?

0 rows returned

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 01:59:57 PM

How often do you molest your wife's children? Types like you (step fathers) are most common offenders in pedophilia cases. I hope the local police have an eye on you.

:mellow:

Wow. Usually I find these little tet-a-tets amusing, if a bit ridiculous. But then someone goes and says something like this, and I remember just how miserable some of the Languishites must be to even think like this, much less to type it out.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 01:47:41 PM
Did it arouse you? :perv:

I know this is hard for some homos like Grallon and yourself to understand, but there are things that are pleasurable that are not arousing.  Contrary, to what you might think, there is some merit to such things.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on October 22, 2009, 02:49:13 PM
I dunno, sure seems to be that is what she is saying...and if she isn't making such a claim, how could there even be a charge?

And come on - you are splitting hairs..."The woman who reported to police that a man in a Springfield home exposed himself to her and her son".

sure sounds like she is claiming he exposed himself to her intentionally.

No, that's a third parties' (the newscasters) description of the woman's report. You have to look at what the woman actually alleges happened.

It isn't splitting hairs, it's basic.

Certainly one would hope that she's making the allegation, otherwise there is no case. But so far, neither the original story nor your second version, although they differ in significant ways, directly alleges he deliberately exposed himself - though it's a reasonable implication from the facts of the second story (he was facing her way, it was broad daylight).

For example, if the woman claimed, "he said, 'hey baby, want some of this?'" ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Making the deep searching analysis that "people do stuff so they won't be caught"?

Now I know how to earn some expert consultant fees ...  ;)

Malthus

Heh, too funny ... the cops are feeling the heat of ridicule and are actively canvassing the neighbourhood to drum up evidence that he's a deliberate flasher.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/102109_naked_man_arrested_after_making_coffee_update#

QuoteOn Wednesday, investigators told FOX 5 they have reason to believe there may have been another incident in which someone saw Williamson naked in front of his window. They're asking anyone who may have seen Williamson in the nude through his windows to come forward, even if it was at a different time.
So on Wednesday, officers canvassed the neighborhood with fliers, asking anyone who may have been subject to an exposure to come forward.

This, if true, may explain why they are going through such efforts:

QuotePolice wouldn't release the incident report or the name of the mother who filed the complaint. FOX 5 has learned she is a respected member of the community, and just happens to be the wife of a Fairfax County Police officer.

:lol:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on October 22, 2009, 03:00:51 PM
Making the deep searching analysis that "people do stuff so they won't be caught"?

ITès a little bit deeper than that.

Most sex crimes are crimes of opportunity, and are not planned out in advance. 

Flashing is a little bit different in that it often is.

Hell - most crimes are committed in the heat of the moment, and are not carried out with any thought as to Ègetting away with itÈ.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2009, 03:20:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 22, 2009, 03:00:51 PM

ITès a little bit deeper than that.

Most sex crimes are crimes of opportunity, and are not planned out in advance. 

Flashing is a little bit different in that it often is.

Hell - most crimes are committed in the heat of the moment, and are not carried out with any thought as to Ègetting away with itÈ.

Well, to be somewhat less snarky on my part - I imagine a not insignificant number of voyeurs get off on getting caught and humiliated by the authorities.