QWERTY-based Russian Keyboard

Started by Queequeg, October 20, 2009, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

On my old Mac, I was able to find a keyboard setting that would use the Russian version of the Cyrilic alphabet in the format closest to WASD, so say V=B and whatnot.  But I can't seem to find a keyboard setting on Vista for the same thing; closest I get is some bizzare Russian keyboard configuration that has nothing in common with QWERTY.

How can I install one?  I downloaded it, but can't quite get it to work even though I've gone through windows help. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Would it make more sense to have a keyboard that has QWERTY and whatever the Cyrillic layout is? I had a Ukrainian in the student dorm whose keyyboard keys had both Latin and Cyrillic letters on them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The Iranian spy/student in my lab group has both Arabic and Latin script on his keyboard.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

I could send you the one I use...it had a self-installer.

HisMajestyBOB

Can you change the keyboard layout manually?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help