And we're back!

Main Menu

AGEOD Games: gimme recent reviews

Started by CountDeMoney, October 19, 2009, 10:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2009, 12:34:45 PM
Quote from: PDH on October 20, 2009, 12:29:19 PM
Also, most games never seem to have Confederate retard as horrible as the Union retard - both had more than their fair share.

Which is why I prefer playing with randomized stats. Though I think only Forge of Freedom ever had the stats random and hidden, so that you'd only realize a retard is commanding your Army of the Potomac after two or three battles.
That is definitely the way to go, with a few exceptions (those who had commanded large numbers of troops in the fairly recent past).  No one should have a known quantity as a corps or army commander.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: PDH on October 20, 2009, 12:24:01 PM
Quote from: Winkelried on October 20, 2009, 11:14:50 AM
Considering what happened to Pope I'd say that "retard camps" are somewhat historically accurate.  :P
Yeah, but Sigel, Banks, Butler needed to be there too...at the very least.

Hey, Butler had his good sides.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on October 20, 2009, 04:19:21 PM
Also, most games never seem to have Confederate retard as horrible as the Union retard - both had more than their fair share.

Which is why I prefer playing with randomized stats. Though I think only Forge of Freedom ever had the stats random and hidden, so that you'd only realize a retard is commanding your Army of the Potomac after two or three battles.
That is definitely the way to go, with a few exceptions (those who had commanded large numbers of troops in the fairly recent past).  No one should have a known quantity as a corps or army commander.

Actually, commanders should have three different sets of stats - division, corps and army command. While someone may be a brilliant division commander it's possible he sucks at the next levels.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on October 21, 2009, 05:45:06 AM

Actually, commanders should have three different sets of stats - division, corps and army command. While someone may be a brilliant division commander it's possible he sucks at the next levels.
NO WAY JACKSON WAS THE BESTEST AT EVERYTHING!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Scipio

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2009, 09:01:56 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 21, 2009, 05:45:06 AM

NO WAY JACKSON WAS THE BESTEST AT EVERYTHING!
Certainly tops at getting shot by his own pickets.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

He didn't do too good with pepper though...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sophie Scholl

No Greater Glory!  Now that was a fun game for its time.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Habbaku

The marketing team at AGEOD needs a little intelligence.  From their ACW game press-release :

"- 2 playable nations, dozens of different troops, hundreds of events, over 300 historical leaders with unique abilities"
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Fuck that, clearly they are rebel fanbois. Two nations my ass.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Hmmm.  I like to here more on the WWI.  I, like CdM, am very interested in some of these products.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2009, 10:39:18 AM
Hmmm.  I like to here more on the WWI.  I, like CdM, am very interested in some of these products.

The demo of the WWI game was a turd. And no matter how much Tamas tried to polish that turd with his posts, it remained a turd.

Habbaku

Does anywhere have the multi-game pack for sale that also allows a download of the game(s)?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 22, 2009, 11:33:00 AM

The demo of the WWI game was a turd. And no matter how much Tamas tried to polish that turd with his posts, it remained a turd.

Shut up.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on October 23, 2009, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 22, 2009, 11:33:00 AM

Shut up.

:)