News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

IGN's Top 100 NES games

Started by Syt, October 18, 2009, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Problem is that some games I confuse with Super Nes games.  I did like this one where you were an Indian called Wumpum.  Zelda was probably the best game though.

And I liked Super Mario 2.  Killing the last guy by making him eat his vegetables is an important lesson for children. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Camerus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2009, 05:34:40 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on October 20, 2009, 07:14:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2009, 06:39:27 PM
What was the baseball game where you had super powers?  Like super pitches and stuff?

Baseball Simulator 1.000.   But I only ever played the SNES version.

Nah that wasn't it.  It had all these egg headed characters you put on your team.  I remember there was a witch named Zelda who used a broom for a bat.  In the out field some of the characters could jump up and float to catch the ball.

Oh.  That was Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball.  I still play it sometimes.   :nerd:

Razgovory

That's it.  It was a great game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Galrion

Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2009, 07:08:24 PM
Quote25. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

Really?  That game totally blew.  It was the only Castlevania game I played when I was a kid and I thought it was so lame I didn't play any of the others...only to find out years later that I and III were awesome and it was only II that sucked.

Really?  That was the only Castlevania game I actually liked.

ulmont

Quote from: Galrion on October 22, 2009, 09:33:06 AM

The PSX and VBA games are also more RPG-style, at least some of them (Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow), and quite good.

Razgovory

Really?  That game totally blew.  It was the only Castlevania game I played when I was a kid and I thought it was so lame I didn't play any of the others...only to find out years later that I and III were awesome and it was only II that sucked.

It did have that one really hard jump.

Valmy

No kidding?  Eh ok maybe I was right all along and Castlevania just blows.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Drakken on October 20, 2009, 09:22:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2009, 08:25:03 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 20, 2009, 04:14:16 AM
Super Mario 2 doesn't belong.

:yes:

I never got the point of that one.

It's because we North Americans got assraped by Nintendo, once more. For reasons unknown the Jappos got to play the real SMB2 (known here as The Lost Levels) while we got another game, Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Pani, reprogrammed into a Mario Bros game and sold to gullible kids as a sequel.

Only the Power Glove ranks lower, because it's so bad. That, and the putrified piece of garbage Nintendo made of Metal Gear for the North American NES, while Kojima's original version kicked ass. Kojima himself said, using other words, that in all the NES version sucked. :mad:

Well western Mario 2 was still pretty good even if it wasn't real Mario.
██████
██████
██████

Camerus

Yeah.  It may be blasphemy, but I thought Mario 2 was the funnest game in the NA series.  Now was there ever a sequel to Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Pani?

DisturbedPervert

Only the Power Glove ranks lower, because it's so bad.

I don't know, R.O.B. was pretty damn awful. 

Drakken

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 23, 2009, 08:23:46 AM
Only the Power Glove ranks lower, because it's so bad.

I don't know, R.O.B. was pretty damn awful.

As AVGN can attest, using the Power Glove makes you lose to Glass Joe. It's that sucky.

Drakken

Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2009, 10:02:29 AM

It did have that one really hard jump.

And text randomly popping up announcing night or day that you couldn't bypass, pausing the game for thirty seconds or so every single time.

And ridiculously easy bosses to beat. You can just pass them to reach the orbs.

And incomplete or outright incorrect information from NPCs.

And no monster in Dracula's final castle.

And Dracula appearing as... a Grim Reaper, and ridiculously easy to kill.

Razgovory

And that one really hard jump.

Galrion

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2009, 04:27:49 AM
And that one really hard jump.

I think I vaguely remember the hard jump.  It definately wasn't a perfect game, but I enjoyed the rpg elements of the game over the simple action style of the original.

Vince

Quote from: Drakken on October 23, 2009, 04:58:52 PM
And incomplete or outright incorrect information from NPCs.

NPC in town:  (insert random number here) will solve Dracula's riddles.   ;)