News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Are you a busy body?

Started by Slargos, October 15, 2009, 04:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camerus

When I was younger, I intervened once in Montreal, when an angry white trash woman was hurling invectives at the waitress, a timid Asian university student.  The result was the woman began to hurl those invectives at me, so I just argued with her for a bit.  Then, not having a clear plan as to what to next, finally just told her off and left.  I considered calling the police for a disturbance, but thought it was a bit lame.

She then continued her fury at the waitress.  I felt like I had just made it worse, and drained my own energies for trying.  :(

Monoriu

Martinus

Can anyone with a Facebook account (that they check with some frequency) be NOT a busy body?!

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on October 16, 2009, 07:21:55 AM
Can anyone with a Facebook account (that they check with some frequency) be NOT a busy body?!
I think there's a difference between frequently looking at other people's profiles and making an occasional post than the nonstop attention-whoring about 5-10% of my FB friends engage in.  You for example are perfectly reasonable in your FB behavior.  I have an ex-girlfriend who I am friended with (and now deeply regret ever friending) who makes at least a dozen posts daily about the most inane things imaginable.

"I am now going to a Zumba class.  Yippeeeeee!"
"I just spilled coffee and broke a mug.  WHAAAAH WHAT A KLUTZ I AM"
"Zumba was fun.  I KICKED BUTT"
"I hate sports.  Don't post sports-related things on Facebook, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Zumba again.  Woohoo!"

Lately she's been going on about something called "POWER OF THREE" and she won't ever explain what it is when people ask, or she says "I will send you an email and tell you" :frusty:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

I am too oblivious to notice those things when they happen around me.

But I'd intervene, I'm an asshole, I like telling people their are dicks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

My wife likes to intervene in these sorts of situations.  She never confronts anyone.  She'll either (1) get help or (2) incite someone to do something.

My job is to stop her  <_<

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on October 15, 2009, 05:36:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 15, 2009, 05:32:59 PM
(I have reported one or two drunk drivers over the years)
Tattletale.  :rolleyes:

He is just looking to drum up business.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

Slarg, you should have taken pics with your cellphone standing really close to them just to see the reaction, would have been a better thread. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: Martinus on October 16, 2009, 07:21:55 AM

Hey! I barely check on it other than by text on my phone. Now, what Cal describes are the annoying ones.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on October 16, 2009, 07:32:34 AM
Lately she's been going on about something called "POWER OF THREE" and she won't ever explain what it is when people ask, or she says "I will send you an email and tell you" :frusty:

Sounds like she's been watching too many "Charmed" reruns.

Slargos

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 16, 2009, 03:14:32 PM
Slarg, you should have taken pics with your cellphone standing really close to them just to see the reaction, would have been a better thread. ;)

My current cellphone doesn't...

.. have a camera.  :weep:

I'm so embarrassed.  :cry: