Need to some people to take a survey for school

Started by Korea, March 27, 2009, 11:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Korea on March 27, 2009, 11:26:37 AM
Okay, since I don't have real friends that I want to talk to and since I don't want to talk to strangers I need a few people to fill out a stupid fucking survey for a stupid fucking class.

Here goes:

Survey Form for Citizen Participation

Thank you for agreeing to take part in this survey. I am gathering information about citizen participation in state and local politics. I have several questions I would like to ask you about participation in recent elections. 

First, can I have some background information for my records? This information will be kept private.

A.   Age: 20

B.   Occupation: Law student

I am going to list the most important forms of political participation in state and local elections.
•   For each, please tell me if you have regularly participated in the way mentioned. "Regularly" means that you have participated more than once and plan to again.
•   For each, please explain why you have or have not participated in the election.
•   Please answer in as many words as you wish.

1. Have you voted in a state or local election?

Yes or No (circle one) No

Why or why not?

There have been no elections since I became eligible to vote.

2. Have you contributed money to a state or local candidate, a campaign, or a party in a state or a local election?

Yes or No (circle one) No.

Why or why not?

Couldn't be bothered.

3. Have you contributed time or otherwise helped a candidate, a campaign, or a party in a state or a local election?

Why or why not?

See above.

4. Have you run for office or held office yourself at the state or local level?

Why or why not?

See above

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to do this bullshit.

Valmy

A.   Age: 31

B.   Occupation: Bureaucrat

Yes

Why or why not?  Because it is my job as a citizen.

2. Have you contributed money to a state or local candidate, a campaign, or a party in a state or a local election?

Yes

Why or why not?  I spread some money around sometimes if there are people supporting a particular issue I feel strongly about.  But it is never alot of money.

3. Have you contributed time or otherwise helped a candidate, a campaign, or a party in a state or a local election?

No

Why or why not? Nobody I know has ever run in a state or local election.

No

Why or why not?  I think I am too young and inexperienced to properly hold elected office and besides it sounds like a tremendous pain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

A.   Age:35

B.   Occupation:filmmaker

Yes or No (circle one)Yes

Why or why not?Because my bitching about their performance without my participation in the system would be a joke.

Yes or No (circle one)No

Why or why not?Never had a candidate/ party that i felt that committed to.

Yes or No (circle one)No

Why or why not?Same as answer why not for question #2

Yes or No (circle one)No

Why or why not? I could never get elected if my life depended on it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Korea

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2009, 11:39:09 AM
Anyway... Korea, why don't you just make a bunch of data up?  That's what I always did with these assignments.

I dunno...I guess I didn't think of that for some reason... :huh:
I want my mother fucking points!

The Brain

A.   Age: 33 of your Earth years

B.   Occupation: Project Manager

Yes or No (circle one) Yes

Why or why not? Keep local taxes down

Why or why not? I don't like them

Why or why not? I don't like them

Why or why not? Waste of time

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to do this bullshit. NP
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

A: 24
B: Professional Killer (US Army)

1: Yes, because I was bored.
2: Hell No, waste of my money.
3: Neg, better things to do with my time.
4: No, atheists can't be elected in the state of Texas. (Fate) :pope:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Warspite

I first demand to see the ethics board approval. :P

A: 25
B: Editor

1. Yes / democratic duty
2. No / salary isn't high enough
3. Yes / Got talked into it by activist friends
4. No / no inclination to
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

Quote from: Caliga on March 27, 2009, 01:18:48 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 27, 2009, 01:10:26 PM4: No, atheists can't be elected in the state of Texas. (Fate) :pope:

But liars can :contract:
:D

I wonder how many of our politicians are secretly atheist.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

A: 32

B: IT

1: Yes, I feel obligated to.

2: Yes. I hated the other guy. I no longer donate to anyone. Too much junk mail always results.

3: Yes, when I was in college. I got credit for it.

4: No. Running for office brings all the negative aspects of fame but none of the money. Unless you're corrupt. So, it's only worth it if you're corrupt or retarded.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

saskganesh

Thank you for agreeing to take part in this survey. I am gathering information about citizen participation in state and local politics. I have several questions I would like to ask you about participation in recent elections.

First, can I have some background information for my records? This information will be kept private.

A.   Age:

B.   Occupation:

writer and gadfly

I am going to list the most important forms of political participation in state and local elections.
•   For each, please tell me if you have regularly participated in the way mentioned. "Regularly" means that you have participated more than once and plan to again.
•   For each, please explain why you have or have not participated in the election.
•   Please answer in as many words as you wish.

Yes or No (circle one)
Yes
Why or why not?

....because its the bare minimum of one's commitment to public life and community.

Yes or No (circle one)

yes

Why or why not?

small bills only. felt that I could and should give something for an issue/candidate I felt strongly about. also a tax credit, but that wasn't the motivator... just a bonus.

Yes or No (circle one)

yes

Why or why not?

wanted to contribute more to the political process. also check out how a cmapaign worked...curiuosity.

Yes or No (circle one)

no

Why or why not?

usually, you need a great deal of money to do this successfully. also, while I am a political/media animal, I don't believe I have the patience or character to deal with life in the public eye on such a sustained basis. thirdly, I find cold calling (either on the phones or door to door) very frustrating, which is related to my second point. finally, the committee work and bureaucracy of government moves too slow for my personal liking.

so it takes a certain kind of person to pull it off. I am not him or her.
humans were created in their own image

Monoriu

Okay, since I don't have real friends that I want to talk to and since I don't want to talk to strangers I need a few people to fill out a stupid fucking survey for a stupid fucking class.

Here goes:

A.   Age:

B.   Occupation:

•   For each, please tell me if you have regularly participated in the way mentioned. "Regularly" means that you have participated more than once and plan to again.
•   For each, please explain why you have or have not participated in the election.
•   Please answer in as many words as you wish.

Yes or No (circle one)

Why or why not?

Yes or No (circle one)

Why or why not?

Yes or No (circle one)

Why or why not?

Yes or No (circle one)

Why or why not?

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to do this bullshit.

Q1: No.  It is a waste of time, money and effort for me personally.
Q2: No.  It is against civil service regulations for me to support any political party or candidate, either financially or publicly.  I'll be fired faster than I can blink if I do that. Not that I will do it if it is allowed.
Q3: No.  See Q2.
Q4: No.  Again it is against civil service regulations.

Barrister

I have voted in every municipal, provincial and federal election that I have been eligible to vote in.  I feel it is an important civic duty, and that I wish for people with political beliefs similar to mine to be in important positions of power (or in the Yukon Territorial Government, as the case may be).

I have infrequently donated money to federal political candidates.  The reasons are the same as above, but I am cheap so I do not donate on a regular basis.

I have frequently volunteered for political candidates.  I was twice a campaign manager for candidates in a federal and provincial election (both times unsuccessful).  Reasons are again the same, plus I find it enjoyable and an interesting way to meet people.

I have never urn for political office.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!