News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Garth Brooks comes out of retirement

Started by Caliga, October 15, 2009, 01:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2009, 01:54:02 PMAlso, she's not really a country singer despite her billing as such and nonstop airtime on country music stations.  If you listen to her music, there's absolutely nothing 'country' about it.  Thematically, it's about teen angst bubblegum shit.  Dialectically, she sings like she talks, with a Northeast accent (she's from Pennsylvania).  Muscially, I've never heard a pedal steel or a dobro once in any of her songs.  It ain't country music.

Wake me up when she does a remix duet with Marilyn Manson.  Until then, she's still country and western.

Savonarola

Quote from: frunk on October 15, 2009, 01:59:42 PM
Ugh, worst news I've heard today.  This summarizes my thoughts pretty well.

QuoteProfessor: Well, class, I've been poring over demographic and consumer research for months now, and I have a remarkable theory: It appears that the "Urban Cowboy" phenomenon of the past few years has created a huge untapped market for the genre that, when combined with the rapidly growing income, education level, and discretionary income of this new breed of potential consumer, bodes well for country's commercial future.

Great news for Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman. :alberta:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2009, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 15, 2009, 02:04:52 PM
Country is not synonymous with Southern. :mellow:
No but it's dominated by Southern artists and has a very large Southern audience.  Yes, I know it's very popular in Canada as well.

And the occasional Oklahoman, such as the subject of the thread. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 15, 2009, 02:15:40 PM
And the occasional Oklahoman, such as the subject of the thread. :contract:
I consider Oklahoma a part of the South, culturally. :alberta:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Is country big in the midwest? It must be in Idaho, Montana & in both of the Dakotas, no?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 16, 2009, 06:46:53 AM
Is country big in the midwest? It must be in Idaho, Montana & in both of the Dakotas, no?
I have no idea, but it also depends what you mean by "midwest".  It's not a well-defined area like New England is, for example.  I mean, I can tell you that every Hoosier I know is a big country music fan.  Logically, the ones I know live in southern Indiana within commuting distance of Louisville, but technically that's not the South and Indiana is almost always deemed a Midwestern state.

CountDeMoney

That's just "west".

Ed Anger

More importantly, Creed is back together.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 16, 2009, 08:28:16 AM
He can't even draw 50 people in Greenville Ohio.

I'd still rather see Winger than Stryper. <_<
Experience bij!

Savonarola

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 16, 2009, 08:43:22 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 16, 2009, 08:28:16 AM
He can't even draw 50 people in Greenville Ohio.

I'd still rather see Winger than Stryper. <_<

It should be easy to get tickets; especially in Greenville, Ohio.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Scipio

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 16, 2009, 08:09:16 AM
More importantly, Creed is back together.

That cuts down on the effort required to wipe them out.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2009, 08:00:11 AM

That's just "west".

:lol:

Right.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.