Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 14, 2009, 01:53:14 AM
It's called the "Far East", so no, duh. :rolleyes:
:P
Duh, it's called "the Western Pacific."  :rolleyes:

:P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Cal, you have Vast Experience. What do you think of people who ask the company for references (ex-employees)?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

:huh:

Providing references for ex-employees is a professional obligation.  It doesn't color my opinion of former employees one way or the other. :mellow:

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 12:48:48 PM
:huh:

Providing references for ex-employees is a professional obligation.  It doesn't color my opinion of former employees one way or the other. :mellow:

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Do the companies you have worked for regularly provide references (ex-employees) that prospective employees can ask about what it's like working for the company?

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on October 14, 2009, 12:54:51 PM
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Do the companies you have worked for regularly provide references (ex-employees) that prospective employees can ask about what it's like working for the company?
You know, I've never heard someone ask if they can speak with an ex-employee before.  I wonder if privacy laws would even allow info like that to be released.  :huh:

Admiral Yi

I've asked before to speak to current employees, and gotten okayed.

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 01:07:37 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 14, 2009, 12:54:51 PM
You know, I've never heard someone ask if they can speak with an ex-employee before.  I wonder if privacy laws would even allow info like that to be released.  :huh:

Me neither. I read in the paper this morning something about asking to talk to employees (when an intreviewee) but I thought that only ex-employees would be worthwhile. For the same reasons you want to ask the interviewee's ex-bosses, not his current boss.

Which privacy laws exactly?

Jaron

I got it!

Full time and they are starting me off at 16.00 hour!

I'm going to go back to bed now. I had a long night. :D
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Quote from: Jaron on October 14, 2009, 01:15:19 PM
I got it!

:w00t: :cheers:  :hug:

Er, wait... what the hell just happened? :huh:

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on October 14, 2009, 01:15:19 PM
I got it!

:cool:

Wait, what was the job again?

Admiral Yi