News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eufloria

Started by Slargos, October 18, 2009, 02:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41219/

Is this the natural conclusion to the fact that most types of games have already been explored?

Will we see progressively more whacky game types in the years to come, as developers struggle to find a refreshing take on the industry?

Remains to be seen, and I don't know whether to marvel at the ingenuity or weep at the humanity.

The Brain

Is this about immigration?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: The Brain on October 18, 2009, 02:31:13 PM
Is this about immigration?

I'm afraid you'll just have to find out for yourself.  :hug:

CountDeMoney

This is what happens when you allow Europeans free reign in game design.

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2009, 02:49:06 PM

You should see the title at Gamersgate where you play a granny who visits the cemetary and her dear old hubby's grave.

The excitement comes in the fact that every time you play there's an ever so small chance that she dies of old age.

Among the more interesting features is weeping, feeding the pidgeons and falling asleep on a bench.

garbon

To be fair, on gamersgate it does list that there is no reason to ever buy the game.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BVN

Quote from: Slargos on October 18, 2009, 02:54:56 PM

You should see the title at Gamersgate where you play a granny who visits the cemetary and her dear old hubby's grave.

The excitement comes in the fact that every time you play there's an ever so small chance that she dies of old age.

Among the more interesting features is weeping, feeding the pidgeons and falling asleep on a bench.
Wasn't that an art project or something like that? I even think it was made by compatriots of mine.

Slargos

Quote from: BVN on October 19, 2009, 04:43:31 AM

Wasn't that an art project or something like that? I even think it was made by compatriots of mine.

Your protestations completely ruin my point.  :P

Grey Fox

Actually is more about no publishers is willing to take chances anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

To the topic- OK....this looks exactly like Dyson. A fun little indie game floating out there on the interweb. Woner why they changed the name....They didn't like the hoover comparisons?

What was this called?
I need to investigate purely for WTF value.
██████
██████
██████

Lucidor

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2009, 06:33:36 AM
What was this called?
I need to investigate purely for WTF value.

The Graveyard
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lucidor

Demo plays sluggishly, and looks boring as hell. I'm not getting it.