News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kick fucking Czechs out of the EU pls!

Started by Martinus, October 08, 2009, 04:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: Alatriste on October 10, 2009, 05:44:30 AM
Klaus probably is a fool but worse still, he waited until the day after the Irish referendum to announce new demands. That shows an awful degree of bad faith, and on top of that, he hasn't made public exactly what does he want added... I don't know about you, but I'm starting to wonder if in past generations our forefathers had to suffer so many clowns in world politics (if the answer is yes, I finally understand why Bismarck always seemed either exasperated or exhausted).

Yes, although people's definition of clowns varied from country to country (in his later life, many people considered Bismarck wearing and exasperating.

Regarding Britain, I think this whole mess about the 'Constitution' has buried forever the idea all of Europe can advance exactly at the same pace towards a common target. 27 countries can't do that, there will always be someone shouting 'No' here, there or over there. Rather, the future will see more changes like the Euro or the Schengen group, in which the core countries that want real integration don't wait for the others or indeed be interested in their position.

That began with the Euro as much as Schengen. I think the idea that everybody could move at the same pace was dead before the Constitution.

And yes, I think the time has come for Britain to have a referendum not on the Treaty but on belonging to the Union. Either 'in' or 'out', but being 'in' and always opting out and trying to stop the others from doing anything new must be terribly uncomfortable. As things stand now they are making me admire De Gaulle stance on this matter, if a bit grudgingly.

I couldn't agree with you more. At the moment, polling would suggest my position is the majority one in the country (of those who give a positive statement of their intentions) but it would be nice to have the issue settled, hopefully decisively, one way or the other.

And since I do not subscribe entirely to the "Humphrey Appleby" view of Europe, I must admit I find much to admire in De Gaulle's original stance.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Zanza

The entire history of European integration is multiple-speed so I don't see a problem continuing like that in the future. That said, for important institutional reforms like this, unanimity is obviously required.

Sheilbh

Interestingly that article was by Peter Hitchens, Chris's little brother and mirror image.  Peter's a right-wing, isolationist, arch-traditionalist - as the article shows.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on October 08, 2009, 04:56:38 PM
At least Czechs are now taking over Poland as the "village idiot of the EU".
Not quite :console:

They elected one nutty President.  The Poles elected nutty twins as President and Prime Minister.  The sheer freakiness of political twins will take a long time to live down :console:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Klaus probably is a fool but worse still, he waited until the day after the Irish referendum to announce new demands. That shows an awful degree of bad faith, and on top of that, he hasn't made public exactly what does he want added...

I read today that he wans assurances over the Sudeten and that the germans kicked out back in the day won't be able to claim their posessions back. Don't know if it's serious or not, though.

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2009, 10:36:47 AM
Klaus probably is a fool but worse still, he waited until the day after the Irish referendum to announce new demands. That shows an awful degree of bad faith, and on top of that, he hasn't made public exactly what does he want added...

I read today that he wans assurances over the Sudeten and that the germans kicked out back in the day won't be able to claim their posessions back. Don't know if it's serious or not, though.

I think it is about German gay married couples coming back to steal our land and adopt good Polish and Czech children (by taking them away from their good, heterosexual, catholic parents) to raise as the next generation of Teutonic homos.

At least that's what I got from PiS* broadcasts.

*The party that, according to David Cameron, is not homophobic.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 10, 2009, 07:26:59 AM
Interestingly that article was by Peter Hitchens, Chris's little brother and mirror image.  Peter's a right-wing, isolationist, arch-traditionalist - as the article shows.

I noticed that as well.  I figured that's why it was so disconnected with reality.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on October 10, 2009, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2009, 10:36:47 AM

Czechs are pretty much secular, atheist by Radio Maryja standards  :lol:

I think it is about German gay married couples coming back to steal our land and adopt good Polish and Czech children (by taking them away from their good, heterosexual, catholic parents) to raise as the next generation of Teutonic homos.

At least that's what I got from PiS* broadcasts.

*The party that, according to David Cameron, is not homophobic.

Martinus

I was talking about Poland. Klaus's position is about German land, whether gay or straight.

P.S. Learn to use quotes. If you want to comment on my post, don't put your comment in the middle of mine. :P