Al Qaeda tells China's Uyghurs to prepare for holy war

Started by KRonn, October 08, 2009, 11:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2009, 11:08:49 PM
Well Afghanistan got destroyed and has never even remotely come close to recovery...I guess that is something to celebrate.

Are you confusing the Soviets with the Mongols?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 08, 2009, 11:32:19 PM
Are you confusing the Soviets with the Mongols?

No but I don't think anybody would confuse 1975 Afghanistan with 1995 Afghanistan.  That country was blown to shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2009, 11:16:12 PM
It wasn't that far a fall.

Um...American tourists used to hitch hike across Afghanistan.  In the 70s Afghanistan was at the end of the longest period of peace and stable government in its history.

It was a freaking tourist destination dude.  Ever since it has been ruled by warlords and existed in a state of siege and anarchy.

Yeah that worked out real well for them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

I thought they've been calling for holy war for decades now.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2009, 11:46:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2009, 11:16:12 PM
It wasn't that far a fall.

Um...American tourists used to hitch hike across Afghanistan.  In the 70s Afghanistan was at the end of the longest period of peace and stable government in its history.

It was a freaking tourist destination dude.  Ever since it has been ruled by warlords and existed in a state of siege and anarchy.

Yeah that worked out real well for them.

People go hike in strange places.  I had a professor who was in the peacecorps and went to Afghanistan.  It wasn't that nifty a place to begin with.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Queequeg on October 08, 2009, 07:59:18 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 08, 2009, 07:53:21 PM
She's a bit young for you, Pseullus Polanski.
:rolleyes:
It is one of the few photos I can find of ethnic Uyghurs.  The area is pretty well sealed off and not as many UofMichigan underclassmen waste their summers trying to find spiritual enlightenment in the Tarim Basin.  Not as many photos.

You mean all the other photos of the Uyghur women on the first page of the google image search for "Uyghur" didn't fit your intended profile?  :bowler:

Slargos

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

KRonn

Quote from: Queequeg on October 08, 2009, 07:45:19 PM

The Uyghurs are awesome.  Truly unique history, fascinating phenotype, great native culture.  They are everything the Tibetans aren't.
Interesting. I don't know much about the Uyghurs or that area. I was assuming they are ethnically Chinese, but apparently not.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Strix

Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2009, 10:40:49 AM
Why did he take off the guy's pants.

He gave him a quick demonstration of how prison life will be later on.  :boff:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Lettow77

This wont be the first time i've expressed my admiration for the Uyghurs here. Best of luck to them- killing communists is a good cause, and the animating struggle for liberty better still.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Queequeg

Quote from: KRonn on October 09, 2009, 09:33:45 AM
Interesting. I don't know much about the Uyghurs or that area. I was assuming they are ethnically Chinese, but apparently not.
They are a pretty eclectic mix of Mongolians, Turks, Tocharians, Aryans and the Chinese. Their language is Turkic.  Very interesting place, one of the great crossroads of civilizations even by Central Asian standards. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Chinese undercover cops are dressing pretty well these days.

The Brain

Quote from: Queequeg on October 09, 2009, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: KRonn on October 09, 2009, 09:33:45 AM
They are a pretty eclectic mix of Mongolians, Turks, Tocharians, Aryans and the Chinese. Their language is Turkic.  Very interesting place, one of the great crossroads of civilizations even by Central Asian standards.

It's the middle of fucking nowhere and they probably specify "color" when asked what kind of TV they wanna buy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.