Al Qaeda tells China's Uyghurs to prepare for holy war

Started by KRonn, October 08, 2009, 11:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2009, 04:42:18 PM
Missed the point.  "treating them the way they deserve" as Slargos suggests didn't work for the Soviets.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if it doesn't work out for the Chinese, Slargos won't be too broke up about it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on October 08, 2009, 04:54:42 PM
Missed the point.  "treating them the way they deserve" as Slargos suggests didn't work for the Soviets.

Didn't work out very well for the Afghans, either.

Got to keep their country didn't they?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Proposed battle cry:

"Uygers whobble but we don't fall down!"
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Grallon

Merely because the Soviets didn't do a proper job of it!  If you want the end of muslim terrorism -you have to eliminate all muslims.  It's quite simple. 

And before someone comes hollering about genocide I'll confine myself to remark that the destruction of one nasty infectious apendange on the human body is not genocide; it's merely the amputation of a gangrenes limb.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Queequeg

Don't you have pubescents to hit on, Grallon?  Why do you waste so much time purveying hate where it isn't wanted?

The Uyghurs are awesome.  Truly unique history, fascinating phenotype, great native culture.  They are everything the Tibetans aren't. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Cute young girls with uniquely fascinating phenotype and heirs to a long, great, diverse tradition of civilization in the Tarim Basin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fat Quebecer Pederasts. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Queequeg

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 08, 2009, 07:53:21 PM
She's a bit young for you, Pseullus Polanski.
:rolleyes:
It is one of the few photos I can find of ethnic Uyghurs.  The area is pretty well sealed off and not as many UofMichigan underclassmen waste their summers trying to find spiritual enlightenment in the Tarim Basin.  Not as many photos.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

DontSayBanana

I've got popcorn for when A-Q pisses off the Chinese government.
Experience bij!

Strix

That's because the Soviets made a major mistake. You can't send a country back to the Stone Age when they are already there.   :lol:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2009, 06:05:29 PM

Well Afghanistan got destroyed and has never even remotely come close to recovery...I guess that is something to celebrate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2009, 11:08:49 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2009, 06:05:29 PM

Well Afghanistan got destroyed and has never even remotely come close to recovery...I guess that is something to celebrate.

It wasn't that far a fall.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017