Anti-h1n1 vaccine fear-mongering runs amok in Canada

Started by Drakken, October 07, 2009, 10:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 08, 2009, 02:01:58 PM
Damned Straight!
do people still use that phrase to mean "you are so right"? after I posted it I thought this could be taken wrong.

:D

Lucidor

Quote from: Drakken on October 07, 2009, 03:31:43 PMYou mean in the text you have sent me?

I must admit I can picture the guy, alone in his room, scribbling on his computer like a raving maniac about the "truthiness" he has discovered, hoping to save Sweden from the poison the nanny State will force onto millions of innocents, before it is "too late"(tm), while ignoring his family or his needful wife (if he is married, he could also be a total schizo and über-nerd living in his mother's basement).

It is self-evident he has taken lots and lots of time and pain to put as much details, factoids, and data as possible to "demontrate" his point, even if his premise is ludicrous from the start. And I am certain that, in his mind, he thinks it all makes sense. Ah, the beautiful language and structure of the paranoid, fluid like drops of pus.

Because, really, if someone argues that the swine flu and the vaccine are weapons of mass destruction engineered in laboratories by the OMS and big pharma, all the while keeping a serious, blank face, either he is the greatest deadpan comedian of the planet or he is a delusional psycho to be institutionalized for various anti-mental illness treatment.

Oddly, I really want this suit to go to the tribunal, so he can ridicule himself (and his cause) in front of judges,society and the whole world before losing all credibility, being branded a vexatious litigant, and denied any further attention from the judicial system.

He declares himself a "freelance writer", for what publications has he published? Expressen?
Wonderful analysis. I don't know if it's related, but Lambertz, the justitiekansler resigned today. Perhaps too much crazy in the mailbox? :D

Fate

citizen k

Quote from: Fate on October 08, 2009, 02:28:21 PM
Quote from: citizen k on October 08, 2009, 02:24:18 PM
We're talking about Canada here.
Who cares about Canada?  :huh:

Most lefties like you hold Canada up to be a model for how things should be.

Agelastus

Quote from: Malthus on October 08, 2009, 12:38:53 PM
I honestly have trouble with reasoning why anyone would not want a flu vaccine. It is true that, for adults, the disease isn't life-threatening; but it is damned miserable. Set against that, the adverse events of the vaccine itself are a nothing of a nothing.

I could understand it if it was horribly expensive, but many places give it out free to the end user - we get it free at work.

For the same reason (albeit with much less justification) that I do not take aspirin. My body should be capable of dealing with flus and the like just fine. The day that it isn't is the day I become in some small and fundamental way, "not me".

Of course, if it was a vaccine against a virus rampaging around the world with a fifty percent mortality rate, you'd see me using my not inconsiderable bulk to push myself to the front of the queue. But for flu, that comes back year after year in different, mostly non-lethal forms? It's simply not worth it. Leave the dose of vaccine that could have been used on me for someone who really needs it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josquius

The conspiracy theorists really love going on about this swine flu vaccine.
Odd that its spread into the general population.

I won't be getting it though, as long as everyone else gets it then they can't infect me :p
Also I remember hearing that the vaccine may not be so useful- if the virus does mutate to the extent that it is dangerous a vaccine based upon it as it currently is wouldn't be much good.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

The only person really pushing the vaccine is Malthus. Who, IIRC, works for a pharmaceutical firm.  :tinfoil:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 08, 2009, 04:44:47 PM
The only person really pushing the vaccine is Malthus. Who, IIRC, works for a pharmaceutical firm.  :tinfoil:
He'll only get money if we all die and he has to defend the company... wait a minute
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

citizen k

<Fate> "Josie is a Conservatard!"</Fate>

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on October 08, 2009, 03:49:33 PM
For the same reason (albeit with much less justification) that I do not take aspirin. My body should be capable of dealing with flus and the like just fine. The day that it isn't is the day I become in some small and fundamental way, "not me".

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Hey, don't forget me! Big Pharma is arranging me a date with Bree Olson right now! :perv:

garbon

I work for pharmaceutical companies and I'm not pushing the vaccine. :goodboy:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

I don't work for a pharmacuetical firm, but in a downtown law office.

Which in turn works for *many* pharmaceutical firms.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Agelastus on October 08, 2009, 03:49:33 PM

I can respect that. It is totally crazy, and makes no sense; but hey, who isn't and what does?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on October 08, 2009, 06:04:56 PM
Which in turn works for *many* pharmaceutical firms.  :D

Ah-ha! "many" pharmaceutical firms...for sure one of them is in on the scam. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011